Tapatalk

Paul D

Due to popular demand ( i.e. PJ ! ) - I have downloaded and installed the tapatalk hook to the forum.

I have also downloaded and installed the tapatalk app and just tested by uploading a picture of the bottle of scotch I won for best skipper in the 2013 Open Comp :)

From the perspective of someone that nearly always uses a PC and having got use to using it I much prefer this invision board over the vbulletin boards I visit.  One site has  recently updated their previous vbulletin to the latest version and have had all sorts of problems, that said though they don't have a PD IT dept B)  

All Tapatalk offers that IPB mobile skin doesnt is

1) Image Attaching directly from the Tapatalk App.

2) Notifications

The IP Buddy App is not very good. Agreed.

However, the IPB mobile skin is the way to go. Does everything that App does but to post images you need to use the full skin or TapaTalk.

If you dont intend posting images from your phone then I would just use the Mobile skin

All Tapatalk offers that IPB mobile skin doesnt is

1) Image Attaching directly from the Tapatalk App.

2) Notifications

The IP Buddy App is not very good. Agreed.

However, the IPB mobile skin is the way to go. Does everything that App does but to post images you need to use the full skin or TapaTalk.

If you dont intend posting images from your phone then I would just use the Mobile skin

In English please were not all putor geeks :-))

Agree. The mobile skin I love. I am working on resizing the YouTube videos so they fit in the skin.

Looks real professional.

Rob, the skin is the way to read the forum. Bin their app or if you must use an app, use Tapatalk.

As for vbulletin, imagine the support issues we would have. Clicking the wrong button would be the least of your worries !!

This tapatalk has really bolloxed up my iPhone. Every time I open a page it goes through tapatalk. It has also completely fubar'd my photobucket and now image code is wrecked. I can't get rid of it. I think its linked to Poole bays page. It's acting like a bloody virus. Not happy

Lofty,

Do you mean it gives you a message that there is an app available etc. ?

It should only ask once and will only keep doing this if you refuse to store cookies from the site.

The part that has foo bared the image code I think is the change I made to redirect all the traffic to "forums" to this URL. I will have to fix this somehow. ( ie it is not necessarily Tapatalk that did that )

At the moment any urls in posts which include emoticons from the old forum will fail. Everything else's seems ok, so puzzled what the exact problem is.

There should be a setting in tapatalk to disable it as the "default" reader..

I never used it as a reader (dont like the lay out)

But as a forum poster + simple images is what its great for..

Gna install it now, and check settings.

This tapatalk has really bolloxed up my iPhone. Every time I open a page it goes through tapatalk. It has also completely fubar'd my photobucket and now image code is wrecked. I can't get rid of it. I think its linked to Poole bays page. It's acting like a bloody virus. Not happy

Just installed tapatalk, added this site..

And its perfect..

@paul, i dont think the pbsbac gives you the message to open in tapatalk through safari..

Im posting this in tapatalk.

But if i want to read the forum, i just use my (new posts link) in safari. And it opens in safari like normal.

http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/ipb/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Put it this way nige.. In 25 seconds i can post, attach multiple pictures from a mobile device i.e. iphone..

No links to copy and paste..

Simple stuff..

Best £1.99 u will spend IF u like attaching pics!

Ill wait to see how tapatalk pans out