Loftys smutty fun

lofty

Well,i knew it wasnt going to last and with a final weather window i decided on Tanners lane.

A wise moustachio'd chap told me where to go and what bait,so armed with squid and twenty frozen peelers off i popped.

I arrived about 4 with a nice bit of sun and abit of breeze but by the time i got to the mark the sun was gone.

Two rods with a zip slider on the mainline,swivel,2 foot snood ,mustad bass 4/0 with two peelers whipped on and in they went.

Less than 5 minutes and rod 1 goes vizzzzzzzzzz. The biggest fish ive had to date was a 6lb bass(only been at this just over a year)so when my first double figure smut finally came to the side i was blown away.Got her on the yak and she flipped and jumped and twisted. I wasnt ready for that. Unhooked and thinking what to do when rod 2 goes vizzzzzzzz. Smut goes back and i play the next one to the boat. Roughly the same size.

30 minutes and my two biggest fish. Vizzzzzzzz. Off we go again. This time a smaller one and i remember ive got my camera in my pocket Doh.This one put on a better scrap and done the first leap out of the water of the afternoon. 5 more jumped well clean of the surface for the next 3 hours,you could here me wooohooo in Lymington.

The biggest one was in a different league though and pulled the yak to and fro,went under the boat and nearly had me over!I weighed it in the net to approx 14lbs

My twenty peelers didnt last long and i was down to squid but that took longer for bites but it did the trick

14 came aboard the boat,12 starrys and 2 common,with another double dropped at the side and one missed run on the squid

A session I wont forget in a hurry

Various phots in no particular order

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

cracking session. Try a little paddle along to sowley next time. A second rod down on a large worm bait or fish bait will give you a chance of a stinger. Fish to around the 40lb mark landed from both sowley and parkshore already this month by beach anglers. Now that would be fun on a 'yak' biggrin.gif

QUOTE (great white @ June 21, 2012 07:46 am)

I used to spend my summers chasing hounds when we lived in Pompey

I will always remember my first one

Charlie.

Good job Wendy doesnt read this

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by pirky