48hr comp - June 15th -17th

Paul D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of the harbour requires a permit to fish ( catch and release ) and also a rod licence.

There is only a small part which can be fished without a licence.

FWIW Many of the species and one fish of the month that I am aware of have come from well up harbour and in the "good old days" we used to catch our 4 mullet for the species comps whilst steaming from Wick.

Hi

Can someone point me in the direction of the rules etc for this comp.

Cheers

Chris

Along the lines of:

Fishing from 1600 Friday to 1600 Sunday [All or part of} all fish to be reported to the Competition secretary by 1700 on Sunday.

This is the summer prize competition entry fee 5.00 all paid out on a best specimen basis

So launch from wick but we must have a boundary. I thought clay pool was perfect to snare a mullet from that would qualify! I'm in Ringwood but day tickets for stanpit etc can be bought. Looks like i'l just target them from the quay!

The Quay is not part of the harbour ..... wink.gif

Tomo

I think it prudent to wait for a period of more settled weather!

I know people want to book / allocate time off in advance - but I also don't want to keep cancelling competitions.

With this in mind it will probably be either end of July or sometime in August - I will try and give plenty of notice.

Neal

So launch from wick but we must have a boundary. I thought clay pool was perfect to snare a mullet from that would qualify! I'm in Ringwood but day tickets for stanpit etc can be bought. Looks like i'l just target them from the quay!

Tomo

http://www.sembcorpbw.co.uk/net-control/us...arbour_2012.pdf

If you read the darkest depths of the Magna Carta ? Any tidal water is classed as part of the sea !

Christchurch Harbour, is tidal as far as Iford Bridge !

Which begs the question, what legal right do SEMBCORP and RDAA have to impose charges for fishing in tidal waters ?

Especially below the emergence of the river Avon at Clay Pool.

As far as I am aware this has never been challenged in any court.

Comments in due course please,

Dave

You are the man Dave!! give it a try!! Go Salmon fishing in Clay pool, you could get an oportunity to test your theory, I know of some of the older Mudeford fishermen who tried it and lived to regret it, Mind you they where netting and they lost punts and sein's Derek. weep.gifweep.gif

Edited by codpiece

Tomo

http://www.sembcorpbw.co.uk/net-control/us...arbour_2012.pdf

If you read the darkest depths of the Magna Carta ? Any tidal water is classed as part of the sea !

Christchurch Harbour, is tidal as far as Iford Bridge !

Which begs the question, what legal right do SEMBCORP and RDAA have to impose charges for fishing in tidal waters ?

Especially below the emergence of the river Avon at Clay Pool.

As far as I am aware this has never been challenged in any court.

Comments in due course please,

Dave

I think that if you check you will find that the harbour was sold by the Crown... along with all its rights..... so the crown does not own the foreshore......There are only two river estuaries in the country that this applies to ....the other I believe is the River Beaulieu where Henry V111 had a number of his warships built... and again it was sold as being originally owned by the monks.....so you have no rights to access the foreshore between low water which is not the case with the rest of the country's tidal foreshore........

Not a lot of people know that.......so don't waste your hard earned challenging it

Tomo ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Tomo