48hr comp - June 15th -17th

Paul D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't remember it being on the news, but I do remember it being discussed along with the whereabouts of the resident beavers ..... biggrin.gif

Somebody always has to lower the tone. I hadn't realised you were into beaver, Paul.

Terry.

I hadn't realised you were into beaver, Paul.

Only once in a while these days eh Paul !!!

Oh the joy of a wet beaver and it's twinkly eye ..... Dam good fun !!!!

Not sure I should have said that ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by pirky

So launch from wick but we must have a boundary. I thought clay pool was perfect to snare a mullet from that would qualify! I'm in Ringwood but day tickets for stanpit etc can be bought. Looks like i'l just target them from the quay!

The Quay is not part of the harbour ..... wink.gif

Tomo

http://www.sembcorpbw.co.uk/net-control/us...arbour_2012.pdf

If you read the darkest depths of the Magna Carta ? Any tidal water is classed as part of the sea !

Christchurch Harbour, is tidal as far as Iford Bridge !

Which begs the question, what legal right do SEMBCORP and RDAA have to impose charges for fishing in tidal waters ?

Especially below the emergence of the river Avon at Clay Pool.

As far as I am aware this has never been challenged in any court.

Comments in due course please,

Dave

I think that if you check you will find that the harbour was sold by the Crown... along with all its rights..... so the crown does not own the foreshore......There are only two river estuaries in the country that this applies to ....the other I believe is the River Beaulieu where Henry V111 had a number of his warships built... and again it was sold as being originally owned by the monks.....so you have no rights to access the foreshore between low water which is not the case with the rest of the country's tidal foreshore........

Not a lot of people know that.......so don't waste your hard earned challenging it

Tomo ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The Crown and the Monks never owned it in the first place, they stole it or just put their names to it.

I stand to be corrected but as far as I am aware the reference point is Hgh Water ?

All that aside, do the same rules apply to fishing from a boat ? and are they enforceable ?

D

You lot are more likely to see otters than beaver

PJ

PJ,

Try telling Helen that !! We have been sitting around Tommos and not seen any otters at all yet. Mind you not seen any beaver either !

Paul......your looking in the wrong place then....for beaver that is...Otters a plenty... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Tomo

The Crown and the Monks never owned it in the first place, they stole it or just put their names to it.

I stand to be corrected but as far as I am aware the reference point is Hgh Water ?

All that aside, do the same rules apply to fishing from a boat ? and are they enforceable ?

D

Hi Dave

Yes it is enforceable even if you are in a boat, as there are to full time bailiffs who patrol the river in a boat..daily...these being employed by West Hampshire Water.

Their main task is to try and stop the poaching / illegal fishing that is common place in the harbour....The East Europeans tend to eat anything that swims....including otters, beavers, swans.....the only thing the appear to leave alone are the cormorants...Just our luck..

Tomo ohmy.gifohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

So launch from wick but we must have a boundary. I thought clay pool was perfect to snare a mullet from that would qualify! I'm in Ringwood but day tickets for stanpit etc can be bought. Looks like i'l just target them from the quay!

The Quay is not part of the harbour ..... wink.gif

Tomo

http://www.sembcorpbw.co.uk/net-control/us...arbour_2012.pdf

If you read the darkest depths of the Magna Carta ? Any tidal water is classed as part of the sea !

Christchurch Harbour, is tidal as far as Iford Bridge !

Which begs the question, what legal right do SEMBCORP and RDAA have to impose charges for fishing in tidal waters ?

Especially below the emergence of the river Avon at Clay Pool.

As far as I am aware this has never been challenged in any court.

Comments in due course please,

Dave

I think that if you check you will find that the harbour was sold by the Crown... along with all its rights..... so the crown does not own the foreshore......There are only two river estuaries in the country that this applies to ....the other I believe is the River Beaulieu where Henry V111 had a number of his warships built... and again it was sold as being originally owned by the monks.....so you have no rights to access the foreshore between low water which is not the case with the rest of the country's tidal foreshore........

Not a lot of people know that.......so don't waste your hard earned challenging it

Tomo ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

D

I was once told I had my boat and myself photo taken as I was trolling for Mullet

I just hope the photo was good as I asked why I was told I was fishing for salmon or trout!

I said can you see any in the baot and where were the notices, I was then told I should ask about what I can or can not fish for.

I then told him to take a long walk off a short pier!

He went away muttering something!

Dave

cool.gif

Edited by Coddy