Breem Outfit

Crossy

Hi Folks,

Looking for a semi-decent breeming outfit for the summer.

Last year I used my suveran 12-20lb boat rod and avet MXJ reel but looking for something a little sportier.

Ideally I think I would like a fixed spool reel and a soft tipped rod with the blank capable of fishing with weights up to around 4-6oz up to around the

because of a Holiday later in the year, I have just bought a rovex travel spin rod and a baitrunner 4000 size fixed spool

I bought the shortest rod [8ft] as it has the lightest action, but there are three to choose from in the range.

I am sure that it will make a great bream rod. not sure about 6oz weights though.

He also has them in two piece which are cheaper without the hard tube.

mine was

huge choices, anything between - long and soft or short, light but firmer action.

any reel you like really

personally I find that something like the 'downrigger' rods - 8'6" soft action - provides about the right feel; whilst I have 4 and 5000 sized fixed spool reels I can't see any advantage to useing them for bream fishing, and some advantages to small multiplier reels; abu6500LD, Calcutta 400 being my preference ie compact and lightweight with smooth drags

then again an Ugly Stick spinning rod in it's lightest size can also be huge fun, as it can for mackerel...

Like Duncan, we used to favour mults but this year we've kitted ourselves out with 8' Rovex and Savagegear XLT rod 20-40g plus Grauvell fixed spools with 20lb braid and lighter fluoro traces. Rods more than capable of dealing with 4-5oz in a big tide, more sporting with 2oz.

I have to say rather nice, the rods were