Out of action.......

Swainiac

Guys, Ive had notice from the good old NHS that my Carpal Tunnel Release operation is going ahead on Saturday 20th November. So I'm out of action for about 10 weeks from that date, as they will do the second hand 6 weeks after the first op. Ive no idea how long it will be 'till I can grip again afterwards. So............unavaible for crewing, comping, or indeed, any two handed activity.

I'll be able to cope with stewarding on the open day though, wouldnt miss the weigh in for love nor money.

Tight lines chaps, chappesses and chaplets!!!!!

Rich

Hi Rich, I have had both wrists done, in fact the left one twice (after about 8 years)

and the right one is starting to play up again mad.gif

The stitches usualy stay in for 10 to 14 days but as I am a diabetic I bet that you will have yours out after a week because you'll heal quicker.

The effect of the tunnel relief is almost instant but it takes a while for full strength to return. I kept the tight elasticated relief straps that they gave me prior to the op', and by wearing them as a bit of protection and support, I was fishing again quite quickly. It's the heavy pulling and pushing with your hands that you have to lay off for a while.

Mad Mike

Good luck Rich

Shame about you not being able to grip anything as I might have bought you a pint when I come down to my first club meeting in December biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

At least you will not have to buy many Xmas presents as the strain of digging into a pocket could do permenant damage! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Get well soon mate

Coddy

cool.gif