Oxwich kayak fishing trip part 2

seagypsy

Morning had broken to a beautiful sunny day so it was breakfast then down to the beach for 08.30 for the species hunt which was sponsored by whitewater consultancy ,they were giving away a fully kitted fishing kayak to the winner, with other prizes down to 4th place .

After the short briefing by the organisers it was 10.00 when around 70 kayakers launched with rods to be out by 15.30.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Paul(HB) and myself headed to the point of the bay which was on the boundary of our fishing area

Within minutes of anchoring I was into this lovely little ballan

user posted image

Next up on the same mark was this bull huss pup

user posted image

I up anchored carefully as someone had drifted past trolling some feathers and got them caught on my anchor warp and proceeded to cut his line and paddle off

Edited by seagypsy

As Ben said the weekend was perfect the weather was spot on just a shame I was ill for most of the weekend hence the wooden spoon to be fair I was only out for about an hour there was one who was out for most of the comp and caught nothing.Well done to

Ben(Seagypsy)

Paul(harnessboy)

Paul(sprinter)

Chris(sprinters son)

they did the club proud in the team event (mind you Ben did better than 3 of the welsh lads put together biggrin.gif ) and brought the silver home for the trophy cabinet

I think the best laugh of the weekend was when the welsh boys laid out the marquee and it was pointed out to them that it bore the cross of saint george it was a classic

Edited by maver

Not much to add to Bens report, I was given charge of Ben from his wife Claire at 0700 hrs on the morning of Thursday, her parting words were please feed him or he gets grumpy, well feed him i did, for four days, it must have been enough as he was like a big jolly bear all weekend, I handed him back to Claire on the Sunday afternoon non the worse for wear. Well, he may have had a little too much alcohol in his blood stream, but otherwise he was fine. Oh! the reason you need to talk to Ben alot is that the last thing you want is for Ben to get to sleep before anyone else on the campsite because of the noise he makes when he gets to sleep (HORrrific) ohmy.gifohmy.gif and i was in the camper he was in his tent 10 yards away. Claire how do you cope???????.

Anyway what a fantastic weekend we had great fun and great company, Ben got his own back on me from our trip to Poole Patch and beat me hands down, best of all we beat the Welsh lads on home ground, and to be fair they were gracious in defeat.

Next up is Ladram Bay Exmouth 24th 25th 26th Aug another great place to visit and fish. Just a couple of shot of Oxwich Bay.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

One of the odd tents found over the weekend.

user posted image

Thanks to the Banner we met a few new faces from the south coast.

user posted image

SO so good to have you lads back reporting and sharing your fun times.......

Great for me personally [ cos I love the banter ] and the club cos I think you are great ambassadors on all your treks and travels...

Thanks for the report......great result .....keep 'em coming..

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif