hi, new one

Member Removed

hello . i'm alex a newbie blink.gif . i was out on the dawn radier with alot of you during your cod comp (not in it) i'd never been fishing for cod as i'm a shore fisherman, but was given the opportunity to fish a few times over the end of summer into winter . big thanks to james.. biggrin.gif and during you comp managed to bag myself a 17lb cod as my first. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif . now i have relised that fishing from a boat is far more comfortable than walking the beaches , and a great way of not going home to soon . sorry honey have to wait for the tides wink.gif . i'm gunna get one my self . so any info on small boats (except the 14 dejon) not intrested sick.gif would be really good . thanks alex

Hi Alex

Welcome to the forum.

What sort of budget have you got?

I would suggest you try to get out on as many small boats as possible, it'll help you decide on the one that suits you.

Where are you?

Edited by Brian

hi brian i'm in boscombe . as for buget , it will be as and if the boats worth it ,not really more than 6k and will be looking for one the end of this year would love to get one sooner but i'll just end up getting something thats not that good or suitable for what i want it for. think for the best, get one ready and on the water for next season. over summer just gone i've been out on a few open dory styles and a radier . i've already come to the conclusion that a cuddy is the way, as you have shelter. would also like a good deck space (as i figit way to much) as for those boats , i haven't been out on many others apart from charters. i have looked at the seahog trooper but i understand that the early planning hull and the now cathedral hull are very different. and not sure what othe boats offer with v hulls etc. cheers alex

Hi Alex

Welcome to the site

If you want to look at boats or compare I run a web site, see signature for the link, where a number of boats have been given a report on, some by owners and others by magazines.

I would suggest a minimum size of 15ft upwards.

Unles the boat you buy comes with loads of extras allow approx

Edited by Coddy