Club Charter Trip On Shogun

niggle

Just talked to Rob,all ok for tomorrow just wants me to bring couple of packets of sausages and a bag of sugar for us.

I will take 10x5lb boxes of squid and 10kgs of ilex.

Apparantly the jumbo whiting are in.

Here's hoping to a good day,see you all in the morning

Nige

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck guys.

Rob really is on top of the fish at the moment,we managed 5 cod today to 17ish,also a nice pollack and loads of big whiting.All methods worked for the cod,i had one about 17 downtiding about 100 yards back,also a 13 first cast on an uptider with the tide really strong.Scotty had 2 doubles fishing right under the boat as the tide eased,Dave had one downtiding with the tide fairly strong.The pollack came to feathers whilst Brian was whiting fishing.

Have a good day

regards Rup

Knackered,a lumpy day.Thanks to all and thanks to Rob.

It was a hard day for all with a big swell,fish played hard to get,Dave (pirky) saved a cod blank with a 12.6lb rest was just dogs and pout.Not even the whiting come out to play sad.gif oh and a conger to me,Trev lost a good cod which sort of sums the day.

Dave won the litre of bells whisky for largest cod and litre of brandy for the most laugh.gif

A very big thanks to John (wot2uk)his money went towards bait, the prizes and sausages,as I didn't take anything towards these.....Thank You John.....from us all

Shame we didn't catch more cod especially after all the ground bait we put down wink.gif

Nige

Thanks NIGE FOR ORGANISING..... Rob for having the idea....John for the prizes and the cod for choosing my bait to fall to.......

Lumpy and hard going but a great day !!

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

ps...thanks to Charlie for remembering the camera and getting the snaps !!

Edited by pirky

Thanks all for going, Nige for organising etc.

I am still kicking myself about having such a stupid idea!! sick.gif

I now know the difference between a charter and going on your own boat...........

You dont feel you have to go on your own boat, AND if you dont go you save money, the reverse of the charter.

Still - nothing ventured nothing gained. We still had an OK day, coudl have been better on all fronts (excluding company).

Charlie A and I had a nice picnic and stuffed our faces, in the carpark afterwards!!! smile.gif

Good lukc to those fishing tomorrow - I am saving my big cod for the Poole Open, again!!! cool.gif

Rob

Echo the thanks to Nige, Rob F and Rob T for a shot at the cracking stamp of cod lately. Congrats Dave, you got to be in it to win it and put the effort in. Sorry I dropped the big one at the end but at least reassured I did most things right - Stuff the O'shaughnessy gimme an Eagle Wave or Big Gun any day laugh.gif

A privilege to fish with all of you...thank you.

I too would like to add my thanks to all those who came and organised what could have been a super trip.

It has been over 6 years since I caught a cod since moving down to Dorset and I thought I might have broken my duck yesterday but not to be. weep.gif

Maybe next time wink.gif

Thanks to Rob and his crew making suggestions and showing how they bait up plus the coffee and rolls and Dave in catching a nice Cod for his tea.

Good company and a biit of a laugh dispite the conditions and again thanks to all.

Dave

cool.gif

Edited by Coddy

• 2 weeks later...