Detachable sliding booms?

ChrisE

Am I imagining this or does somebody make sliding booms that you put on/ take off the line without having to re-thread? I seem to recall seeing them yonks ago but I'm blowed if I can find them on Google and such.

I'd be grateful if someone could either give the name of the product or tell me that I'm imagining the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Chris I make my own detachable slider rigs up,obtained 50 2inch sliders from fleabay and build them up on 2ft rigs .Swivel /bead/slider/bead/american snap for connecting trace.Then all you need on you reel line is another american snapswivel to connect to slider rig.

If it sounds to complicated will be at meet and can bring one along if required

Nige [Al`s first emergency service]

AA man,

Thanks for this. I already do something like this but was looking for an 'infinite' slide to enable me to feed line to fussy fish.

I'm thinking of just making a narrow cut in a zippy along the 'bottom' next to the snap link and then slotting the line through that.

Chris

Edited by ChrisE

Chris the other method I use for adjusting traces above the weight is silicone sleeves,ace for bream rigs and the like,and they slide easy,and for resistance I fit 3 under trace ,again if not sure what I`m babbling on about I can bring to meet

AA Nige

AA man,

Thanks for this. I already do something like this but was looking for an 'infinite' slide to enable me to feed line to fussy fish.

I'm thinking of just making a narrow cut in a zippy along the 'bottom' next to the snap link and then slotting the line through that.

Chris

I like the sound of that, i think I'll give it a try.

I'm going to cut it like this, I think there's less likelyhood of it coming off.

post-5-1280841648jpg

I'm sure that you are right but it niggles me that the rods, which I keep made up in the back of the Landrover, are made up either with a zippy behind the snap shackle or not.

Invariably, I find myself using the rod/reel set that has the zippy on that I don't need or no zippy that I do.

I'm sure that there used to be a slider with lugs that faced up and down (relative to the snap shackle to attach the lead) that enabled you to 'weave' the slider onto the line. Might just be old age playing tricks on the memory tho' smile.gif

In days of old I used to sometimes use a snap link to drop an extra trace down towards my end gear. The secret was to have a stop knot or similar above the main gear to avoid tangles when it arrived.

Hardly a boom, but two snaplink swivels lashed to the wires in the triangle bit might make a French boom into a slider?

Mike

There was an Uptide boom produced, not sure who by, but you could set the trace distance at any thing you wanted to. When you had a fish on the boom tube slide down the trace so it was easier to recover.

I can't recall who made them, thought it was Breakaway but can't see them on their web site.

If I find a spare one in my shed I wil put up a picture and post.

Dave

cool.gif

Chris

Try these for size.......I got mine at IN XCESS but they are Fladen part No 15-890L and believe me they are detachable.

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/F...-Pack-of-6.html

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

They've just arrived from tacklebargains and are just what I was thinking bout, again many thanks.

Chris

Chris.....I don't know if you have tried ur new "removable sliders" yet but.......I tried the other day and to be honest.......they are not as well made or finished as they could be and I have had to drill and modify them slightly......still not overly happy with result.

Great idea .... crap finish to manufacture results in poor end product.

Maybe it was just the ones at "in xcess" maybe urs are better??

PL let me know ....

Edited by pirky

Chris.....I don't know if you have tried ur new "removable sliders" yet but.......I tried the other day and to be honest.......they are not as well made or finished as they could be and I have had to drill and modify them slightly......still not overly happy with result.

Great idea .... crap finish to manufacture results in poor end product.

Maybe it was just the ones at "in xcess" maybe urs are better??

PL let me know ....

Dave,

The ones I've got were crap finish as well, I've had to open up the holes to make them slide. so 10/10 for idea, 2/10 for manufacture. Still a small price to pay for a wossit that I needed.

Chris