clamps

Gnasher

right the work on the new trailor is comming along nicely, but i now need to secure the base of the trailor to the axel. The axel was never actually welded, but had some kind of heavy duty clamps keeping it together. Does anyone know what these kind of clamps are called?

Cheers,

Dan

Edited by Gnasher

have a look on www.trailertek.com (winchester). look under trailer spares

you will need to know the box section sizes wink.gif

you could try calling the company....but i think he is italian and very hard to understand..........try to talk to his wife blink.gif

Good luck

Gary

Thanks for this one Coddy. Needed a few U bolts and will probably need new rims but not tyres next year. May well give them a try or even pop over unless there is something more local. Also understand that we now live not too far apart in Broadstone. Cannot make the next meeting as in Leicester, will say hello at the meeting after.

Allan.

Two other places to try.

Towsure at Southampton. www.towsure.com

This place is like a camping, caravan and trailer supermarket.

The other is called wessex Trailers at between Wareham and Dorchester.

www.wessex-trailers.co.uk

The latter would be my choice. They manufacture trailers there and can supply just about anything trailer related.

Rich

Hi Rich was aware of Wessex Trailors having been several times when I was in Weymouth. Wanted some bearings doing on my previos boat trailor but they would not touch it with the boat on the trailor despite the fact I was prepared to give them a written disclaimer. They are also the recommended local dealer for the 520 trailor-as you know my latest boat-turned up with previous boat on trailor having booked in and told them it was on the trailor and having booked in well in advance but they would not touch it. So I have issues with them. Other times when I have wanted hub caps, tie down strap, winch and other items they have been great so I may just give them a last chance.

Hi Dan

Just had a thought ohmy.gif (came hard I know) why not have a look for the U bolts that hold leave springs on cars and trucks?

These are normally long and wide and have a flat plate which bolts over the axle similar to older transits, minibus etc.

Might be worth a trip to a scrap yard to see what makes and sizes are available unless you know someone in the motor trade.

Just a thought unsure.gif

Dave

cool.gif