Garmin Transducer

Coddy

Hi all

I removed the transducer from my Garmin 250C f/f as the fixing part had broken off its holder.

I then tried to remount the transducer onto the hull.

My problem is I had to cut the wire from to re-mount the unit, when I connected it all up the F/F says it is in Simulation mode. Looking throught the handbook this means it is not registering/seeing a transducer.

Looks like I am going to try to go from pin to pin to see if there is a bad connection unless I am missing something? unsure.gif

Has anyone else had a similar problem with Garmin and how did you overcome the problem?

Dave

cool.gif

i believe the cable can be rejoined but no parts of the cables are allowed to touch against each other and after joining the cables must be sealed in silicon so that no water can get in i personally would get a new one i think garmin transducer can be found for about 50 or sixty quid for peace of mind money well spent try sounder parts who have a lot of older parts in stock and are fairly local i think

OK OK I will admit my mistake! sad.gif

I had two identical cables and tried to join the transducer to the speed paddle wheel! (Doh!)

Connected the correct cable and I am back working again, not ideal but at least I see a depth which is better than nothing.

Thanks all for the advice given

Dave

sick.gif