Lowrance 3300C

Malroy

Malroy,

Need to be a little careful with this. It is obviously cheaper for a reason.

I've noticed two things:

1 - It uses the older cold-cathode backlit displays, instead of the new daylight viewable TFT, which are fantastic. So, it might be more difficult to see in bright sunlight, and it will use slightly more battery power.

2 - It looks like if only accepts the standard Navionics charts, and not the newer more detailed Navionics Gold charts.

But it is WAAS enabled, so it has an accurate GPS, like the more modern units.

For the price it still looks like a better buy than just getting a standard GPS with black and white Garmin unit like the 152 (cost about

Hi Malroy

I run a web site for sea anglers boats and their equipment.

the URL is http://fishing_boats.tripod.com/

I have a few chart plotter comments from user on there which might help you.

I have got the Navman 5100 which is the black & white version which I find great, having never used one before. I am not sure if colour is worth all the extra money but size of the screen is everything.

If I was choosing again and had the money weep.gif I would go for a bigger screen as it goes make life easier when travelling over a bumpy sea! sick.gif

When I was up at the Boat show the best display for size, and colour, was the Raymarine RC435. wink.gif

http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/ProductDetail.asp site=1&section=2&page=774&product_id=1717

Just take your bank manager with you however!

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif