Pop ups and other unwanted nasties!

Adam F

I have NAV, and I also have the pop up blocker PaulD reccommended...but the last few days I have been getting a huge amount of Pop ups...about 30 an hour mad.gifmad.gif

I also notice that a file has downloaded itslef onto my C drive....I didnt ask for it?? Tried to delete it but Access id denied. This is the only 'BAd piece of software I have as I make a point of keeping the computer free to aviod unwanted rubblish...

Also my homepage has and keeps defaulting to 123.com?? What the hell is going on??

HELP!!!, how do I rid of the file, how do I stop all of this junk, how do I stop my homepage changing...?? mad.gif

I need to sort this as it is p%^$ssing me right off...why cant these companies just F Off and leave my computer alone, junk through the letter box, on telly and now on my computer mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Doesn't sound it a virus, but more of spyware and adwares.

Very often companies (unscrupulus pnes) use pop up and when you click to close it, and it download onto you computer and change your homepage and sometime your dial up (a premium rate one).

If you can't delete it from Window, boot up in c:> and delte it that way, you may have to change the attribute to do it.

Try this program, it might work.

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=spybotsd

Guest Benny

Try webroot spy sweeper. You can get 30 days free. This is at least enough to clean your machine up initially.

I think you will be suprised the rubbish people try to install on your pc without your knowledge.

Be careful not to let it uninstall backweb (Microsoft messenger uses this).

Hope this helps

Ben (IT Consultant)

All I ask for in return is some advice on fishing in the harbour for mixed species. Any specific marks for a bit of evening fun. Tides/tactics/baits would be much appreciated. I want to use lightish gear (15lb line)

Thnx

Adam

Adaware is good it cleaned up my pc and its free.

Benny

Registerr in our forums, our members are a freindly bunch and will help you all they can.

Firstly tell us what boat (or just size if you dont know the make) you have and what engine you use. This will give us some idea of your rigs capability.

Please post for assistance in the help forum

Cheers

Martin

I think you only get it if you download the dialler software from some dodgy XXX website smile.gifsmile.gif hmmmm rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Seriously, it is one that gets downloaded from a web site and you should ensure that you have settings in Internet Explorer to prompt for "Download signed Active X controls" and either prompt or disable for "Download unsigned active X controls".

If then, whilst browsing, you are prompted to download and install a control think very very carefully before clicking on "Yes" !!