Flat Fish / Ray Comp

Manic Moore

I will miss this comp, again!! Been a bad year for comps for me.

Will be doing repairs on the trailer. The front Draw Bar Coupling needs replacing so that the braking system works whilst towing. I'm fed up with de-rusting the drawbar tube and Energy store, so I'm gunna buy a complete new unit and really grease it up this time.

BF

Poole,

Sterte Road, and i would be delighted to come and crew, weather permitting of course ;-), Where do you normally launch from?

Cheers (Another Paul)

Hi paul

saltern marine its out on the trots

they run a taxi out from 9am back by 5pm i have tender if i need it but only used it once

you can call me on 07970875431

OK I stand to be shot down?

but which forecast is everyone looking at - metcheck i know is pretty variable in accuracy - but it says 9mph Sunday - Saturday better. BBC and Windguru similar.

if the links to weather pages are really so crap, and everyone else is using something better - could they please advise here ?

Confused

Paul F

metcheck is reallly an inshore/area onshore indication. excellent as a comparision to known and general 'local forecast' but pretty uesless beyond Studland............

windguru is mpre localised but slow to update

freyr is now comercial but brilliant

downloading a grib file on demand is now my preferred route - relies on the interpretation programe but it's basically 'raw' and avoids the BBC safety loading that has existed since the famous hurricane

I have personally cancelled fishing Sunday now despite being comfortable with a channel crossing only 6 hours ago............. but then again I don't do flounder.