Burnham @ Poole - Results

Adam F

Many thanks to all who turned up to support the Burnham comp today. We had 10 boats fishing - 3 from Burnham, 7 from PBSBAC.

Enticer, Nipper, AWOL, Fat Chance, Sammy, Imagine, Makita, Heron, Highlander, and Lady Jane.

The weather was superb, light northerly winds and glorious sunshine.

The fishing however was a little slow. Boats made mixed choices, but most went west, either offshore to the banks or tucked inshore out of the tide.

A real treat (esp. for the Burnham lads) was the presence of Trigger Fish on many marks, these show in localised spots most years, but this year they seem everywhere!! We had about a dozen reported today. biggrin.gif

Back at the scales only a few fish were reported but all seemed to have had a good day.

Results:

1st - N. Flay (Burnham) Dogfish 2lb 1oz 68.75%

Great result guys, well done to all.

Hope to make it next year,

( 100 squid fer a doggy................... geeps I gotta enta this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,, laugh.gif )

T

cool.gif

Edited by Wedger

Sorry we didnt make the weigh in.... we didnt fare much better than others...

Martin and Dean on AWOL buzzed past us whilst we were off swanage, at about the time we would have had to pack up and rush to the scales, (with a pair of Doggies and a strap conger...) so we decided to catch the last of the sunshine and chill out.

The day started promisingly enough on the SWbanks, with a pair of small conger and pout, almost first drop. Then as the tide slackened, and the boat swung, we were getting snagged up all over the place. Our plan of finding a a shingle bank hadnt quite worked, and we were in a real snatchy area, losing 1/2 dozen sets of gear and alot of braid. Eventually the tide beat us, as we were now on mono, so we headed back inshore, and took advantage of the smooth conditions and lack of action to have a late lunch and a few cold beers biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The only highlight was hooking up with something big on the banks which held bottom, then moved uptide taking advantage of a weak braid/mono knot....ping ! mad.gif

Richard my crew for the day, ended up with his mackerel fillet on the diving platform of a sportsboat, after their careless drift whilst feathering had gone over his uptide line and they hauled in his line, lead and bait and a short struggle ensued between 2 tons of sports boat and an uptider.... laugh.gif

As we were running low on gear at that stage, I was less than polite in my asking for the whole lot back.

Anyway, it was good to be out, and try a few new areas, and thanks to Adam / Gordon / PaulD for all their organisation, and arrangements on the day.

PaulF

Anyway, it was good to be out, and try a few new areas, and thanks to Adam / Gordon / PaulD for all their organisation, and arrangements on the day

Whilst happy to take the plaudits for arranging, I was not one of the organisers.

Our trip east on Nipper found fishing hard, so I opted to sit and watch Mark catch most of the fish, although I lost a huge mackeral as I tried to swing it in sad.gif

We had Bream, Dogfish, Mackeral, Bass, Small Eyed Ray, Tope ( of which I had tope and mackeral ! )

Good company though and thank god we didn't stay much longer after the weigh in as I almost couldn't reach Nipper as the tide had come in somewhat.