Species Hunt - New Date?

Adam F

OK guys, so we need a new date for the comp that was wisely cancelled today. The two options as I see it are next weekend - 1st July or the 22nd July.

Next weekend seems logical, but a couple of the guys who fish the comps cant make it.

So vote with your feet - post here or give me a call and I'll make a decision early this week.

Adam

Next weekend is best for Frisky and crew, but can make any weekend up to and including 15th.

Why not combine it with the Bass comp as another option? If you miss out on a decent bass, you can then add a few species, submit the form, and better turnout! Or conversely fish the species comp, and try to sneak a winning bass!

The weekend of the 22nd is already booked and we cannot fish that date.

Mike

Edited by Mike Fox

As a club would it make sense to try and re-run a comp at the soonest oppourtunity without clashing with anyother club event (i.e. the 1st July) then if that is called off we move to the next available date? (this time 22nd due to other comps).

If this procedure is used everytime, then everyone knows where they stand if an event is called off in the future?

Thoughts?

Rob

Rob,

We will always try and re-organise any comps as soon as possible as to not clash with any other events and to try and give a reasonable gap between if possible.

In this case, the long range forcast is OK at the moment and a slight majority verdict suggests that we try and schedule the comp for this coming Sunday - 1st July.

Thanks for the feedback guys - all very helpful.

I'll start a new thread to ascertian numbers.

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

I've been following the Species Hunt threads in awe of all you expert folk actually intending to catch specific varieties of fish .... and not the slightest bit of luck involved happy.gif

I think I will run a single entrant "Not a Species Hunt - Novices Lucky Dip" competition on the same day, with the only prize going to the entrant who 1) catches a fish then 2) correctly identifies it against a reference chart as flat/round/oval then 3) catches another fish a different shape to the first one. This should put me well on the way to competing on equal terms with you lot next year tongue.gif

Seriously folks, good luck with the competition and may the best man/woman win smile9.gif

(I may be the "shadow" boat, taking notes from a discreet distance)