Fire at mitchells!!

Paul J

The fire looked to be in the area of the Chandlery, Yellow penguin marine and Select Marine. huh.gif

I passed there today at around 3.40pm thick black smoke bellowing out of that area weep.gif

Hope there isnt to much damage as maverick is supposed to be going into Select Marine for a service in two weeks sad.gif

Hi all I popped in this afternoon its a mess

I feel very sorry for Pete and the rest of the businesses down there.

Not only are they a good bunch but they have always supported our winter competition as sponsors.

The access to the yard seems to have re-opened and I think that it will be back to work tomorrow.

Diving shop and select marine seemed to be working today

Charlie

Saw Pete this afternoon they are not sure how it started, but it was not an accidental operation of a flare as some rumours are saying.

It is all being cleared up by the staff of the various businesses so I am not sure if we could help.

We at the Club have offered where we can but at the moment have not been asked.

We have a small Force 4 Chandelery set up at the Club this weekend and Pete is helping on the Stalls. So if anyone wants a few things urgently then they may be able to help.

If anyone had run up a tab with Pete or the other businesses now would be a good time to be forthcoming with the money. I am sure they would appreciate a bit of income and your honesty as there records are not all intact.

I think it would be good if the Club wrote to them offering our support if they need it now and when they re-open.

Martin if you do the letters I will deliver them.

Charlie biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...