Cabin Light

Adam F

I want to fit a single tube flourcesent flush mount cabin light to the roof fo my cuddy for night fishing.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where from?

I have found that marine units sold at chandlers to be ridiculously expensive. However the little 12 volt neon 'wander' lights that plug into a cars cigarette lighter, you know the sorta Halfords jobbies, are ideal. You can either wire them in on a permanant basis or keep them demountable and clipped onto a pair of S/S spring clips when wanted. I prefer this method as you can unclip and move the light to where it's wanted if needed. Neon also uses a fraction of the amps that ordinary bulbs use.

Mike

I agree - had one of these for 4 years on a boat until it finally succombed to marine conditions after having ended up underwater for a few hours by accident!

Tube type with a hok on one end - slotted into a couple of clips on the side of the cuddy or hung around in the ccockpit.

Adam

Latest idea is to use LED's like used in the head lights when beach fishing

Low power consumption and bright light

Seen these for sale on ebay and in chandlers

(another bright idea, swiched on or what, bit flash I know, beam of insperation) puns intended biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Codfather

cool.gif