Sunday

munterhunter

Minced out sunday morning to west of the outer patch. Dogfish, dogfish, dogfish oh and some more dogfish managed to haul 3 up on a pennel rig and also caught some more dogfish biggest was 2lb 8oz (mine). Caught some maccy on feathers and had some gar follow bait up but none taken. Also managed a 1lb dab (mine)on worm bait, went really well for its size. Nick had a cuttlefish. Nice day but no bream unfortunately. Is great using fresh maccy bait as well. Next trip hopefully on tuesday.

Also didnt lose any tackle for a change!

I stopped off at the Outer Patch Sunday at 1300h to see if anyone was fishing - didn't recognise any boats through the bins and ran back in to Poole........

I am clearly going to have to brush up on my 'member boat recognition skills'!

Between the Solent and Poole there appeared to be 2 very distinct groups of boats - outer patch and about a mile East/SE of the end of C/ ledge. 20 odd boats on both areas.

All fishing for dab and dogs no doubt............. rolleyes.gif

Must of been alot of them as at some times saw 3-4 breaking the surface doing the porpoise thing we was sat at anchor @ 1/2 E-SE of outer patch and they came along they were @100 yds of the boat, tried to take pictures but that was a fruitless exercise. Think porpoises as they were darker, really messed up the fishing @1/2hr before and after they came through, we have had them closer to the boat in Feb @50ft away from boat!