Species Comp

great white

Hi Guys and Girls

I have just seen the forecast for Sunday and it looks fine to fish the final round of the species competitions. biggrin.gif

The top few spaces could still change so tight lines to all going afloat.

Please pre book one this thread, on my phone/answer machine or email prior to fishing.

It may be a good chance to practice prior to the open comp.

best of luck and let me know how you get on

Charlie biggrin.gif

Frisky will be out of Poole, fishing from 8 till 3, with Carol, George and I on board.

Depending on conditions, anywhere from Whitehouse Grounds to Southbourne Rough, though will probably stay close to reduce travelling times.

Have this theory that a whole squid might find bass, rays or cod....

A second theory suggests mackerel for gars. scad and pollack.

The final theory is that the only the ragworm will catch, and then only black goby, long-spined sea-scorpion, and tompot blennies, all of which will be ineligible....

Hope to see a few others out there!

Mike

PS Wot, no herring on the specimen list?????

Will be fishing out of Christchurch with new member Richard Stevens ( Rich on here ).

Hoping to get the 4 mullet, wrasse, bass, pollack, scad, mackeral before turning to the 4 whiting and 4 cod smile.gif

See you at the rock Mike ( as no doubt will Gordon as well smile.gif ).

Bring it on "Loyal Royal" smile.gif

Heard on the news tonight that Weymouth Harbour was closed due to an unexploded bomb being found! 

ph34r.gif

May be a complete coincidence but on Friday I saw two different bomb squad land rovers on the A34 heading West. Can't remember the last time I saw two in the same year huh.gif

W

cool.gif

Dire day today but still enjoyable. No wind, flat as a pancake but the fish didnt want to play.

4 dogfish ( amongst around 40 odd ), 1 whiting, 2 scad sad.gif

I know Enticer fared better and my theory is further offshore is the answer due to all the rain we have had recently.

We tried a few marks, and Frisky spent far too long travelling again. We tried in the harbour, waving to a few speedier members including Maverick and Coddy, the Poole Patches (where we think there might still be trace-crunching trigger fish), and a couple of deeper water marks off Swanage, including the Whitehouse Grounds, in the slack tides.

George had his best ever comp with 3 spotted ray, including a PB of 4lb 8oz, wrasse, a doggy and a single late bream.

Carol had 7 wrasse, a solitary pollack, two bream to prove it wasn't a fluke, including a beautifully marked male fish of just under a pound, her first spotted ray of 3lb, and 3 doggies.

I managed wrasse, pollack, another spotted ray, a small pack of doggies and a lone bass in nearly 90' of water. I won't mention my magnificent black goby, or the fact that it was disallowed.

Gorgeous day out, despite having been spined more times than I care to mention.

Mike

PS Charlie, the forms have been submitted!

Edited by Mike Fox

Mark and I sneaked out of Weymouth today, heading for the Harbour, tally's are as follows:

Mark.

4 Mackeral

4 LSD

3 Pollock

2 Bream

4 Garfish

1 Pout

1 Bass

4 Wrasse (including a magnificent Cuckoo of 1lb 2 oz For the book please Charlie)

4 Scad

Rich.

4 Mackeral

1 LSD

4 Pollock

1 Bream

4 Garfish

1 Bass

4 Wrasse

4 Scad

Considering that the Pollock mackeral Bass Gars Wrasse and scad came in the first hour and a half, I think we did pretty poorly!! Local knowledge certainly paid off on this comp, we both thoroughly enoyed it.

Rich

Rather than emailing report [that gets 'lost'], I'll bring my form to thurs' meeting!

Only 77 points for me, 84 for Gordon Moore [ by my counting] ........ but I got the best bass.......[and she went back]..... and whiting supper this evening with forest mushrooms [ but that should be in the recipes section !].

Great day out.......... thanks again Gordon !

Alun.

Rich

Sorry mate the email did not arrive at home or work by last night

I will check again tonight when I get home, did it go via the websitre or direct?

If its via the site I will get Paul to have a look when he can

Can you send copies direct to

wchapman212@ntlworld.com

It seems to be receiving OK i have just had some big emails with powerpoint through alright

Cheers

Charlie

The forms have a link to cchapman212@ntlworld.net

I think they need to be sent to wchapman212@ntlworld.net ?

or charlie@pbsbac.co.uk will do.

or send them all to webmaster@pbsbac.co.uk and I will collate them and forward to you.