cascars

Hello all

After 7 months on WSF and a few chats with TomBettle I thought it was time I had a look in here.

Some of you will know me from WSF but for those that dont, I live in Tonbridge, Kent and have about 40 years of boat fishing behind me in my 46 years. I have had my own boats for about 20 years and in February this year took delivery of a Quicksilver Pilothouse 640.

My first choice of port is Rye followed by Newhaven but I have been known to trail it to more distant places. In May this year I spent 5 days in Weymouth with 3 buddies and although the fishing wasn't great we had a great time and I also added a new species to my list, a 2 1/2lb Sea Trout caught on a plug.

In September I took Sea Mistress to Dartmouth for 6 days with the same crew and similar results, not a lot of sizable fish, but we enjoyed ourselves which to me is the whole point of fishing.

Our plan next year is to spend 5-6 days in Poole, dont know when yet, which is where you lot come in! I may well bring the boat down for a few day trips out as Poole is only a 2 1/2 trip for me, so that at least I will have a bit of local knowledge.

Although I have a few friends in Poole that I have visited over the years, I have never fished there and am looking forward to it and hopefully meeting a few of you.

Tom assures me that you are a friendly bunch on here, so I hope that you can put up with me grilling you for local tips and if I can return the favour just ask.

If any PBSBAC members are ever up my way you are more than welcome to come out on the boat for a trip, just PM me.

Terry

post-17-1160301517jpg

Hi Terry,

Let us know when you are coming and im sure we can arrange a posse to give you the guided tour.

Keep an eye on the Forum Calender and try to co 'ordinate it around one of our comps. The 48 hour summer comp is a good one as we are usually out fishing all weekend

Paul J

Hi Terry

A Very Warm Welcome to PBSBAC.

Nice to see you over here at last.

...they may not seem it, but most of the guys are really alright and many of them welcome a bit of banter and competition.

Share your kowledge with us and you'll find that the guys here are only too happy to share their's with you.

All the best

Tom

Terry

At last you've found the best small boat A/C on the south coast ph34r.gif

Welcome to our clubhouse on the net. You are more than welcome. Join in and you will I'm sure over a period of time pick up some useful info.

Whats the fishing like up your way? we may well decide to have a trailaway to your neck of the woods

Enjoy cool.gif

Martin

Terry

At last you've found the best small boat A/C on the south coast ph34r.gif

Welcome to our clubhouse on the net. You are more than welcome. Join in and you will I'm sure over a period of time pick up some useful info.

Whats the fishing like up your way? we may well decide to have a trailaway to your neck of the woods

Enjoy cool.gif

Martin

I have had a good summer for fish, nothing massive but Cod and Pollack to 13lb and Bass to about 8lb off the wrecks. It would be great if you did a trailaway trip up here and I could show you around a few of the wrecks out of Rye.

I look forward to meeting up, maybe at the november comp

Terry

Terry

Our trailaway commodore may pick up on this thread later and perhaps consider arranging something.

Let us know in advance if your going to fish the November open so that we can sort you out some marks

Martin

I will do but as I explained to Tom, I am not sure if I will be working and my own boat is undergoing repairs so may be without a boat.

Welome aboard, Terry, the best small boat fishing club on the net.

I personnally would love a trail down to Sussex..........my family hailed from there, Hastings in fact, grandfather being a fisherman back in the days when men were men, and women were glad of it. Isnt Rye Bay where that huge Plaice in the museum in hastings was netted? 16lbs if I recall correctly???

Look forward to seeing you out there.....trail down for our open comp, and bring a few buddies.

Rich

Due to the weather being so unpredictable for the next few months and the distance you have to travel I would wait until next year, May to September is best for most species. Most of my fishing is on the wrecks out of Rye, of which we have many within 10 miles of shore but they can be very hit and miss. If no luck within 3-4 drifts there is normally another within 15 minutes or so.I also know of some very good wrecks 15-25 miles out for Bass, Cod and Pollack. From Rye there is also plaice fishing on some banks only 3 miles along the coast and less than 3 miles out, which from late April throw up quite a few around 3-6lb.

If Newhaven is more suitable for you there is a wide variety of fishing within 9-10 miles although the better wrecks are 15-25 miles off. You also have Beachy Head only about 8 miles away for Bass etc. I tend to avoid Newhaven unless fishing for 2 consecutive days as they charge

Welcome to the Club Terry

Its a long way from home but I am sure you will be made very welcome when you travel over to Poole.

Hopefully we will see you and friends at some of our larger competitions in the future. and I am sure our trailor boats will be keen to try new areas well to the east.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Terry, welcom to the club. Please dont even think of taking my gold star for attendance to club meetings driving from southampton!!!! Will be good to see you afloat. If you want to fish the Open Comp, and believe me we have a huge prize table, post in the club comp section, aqnd ask to crew for someone. Im sure you will get a seat. Tight lines.........

Rich