More Exotic Visitors

charlieannear

I would happily wager that the fish was a Basking Shark and not a Mako or any of the toothed variety. I spent a long time down in Corwall in my early teens and the huge Baskers were a common summer sight (late 1950's). All this hype is typical media borrocks. Every man and his dog that sees a Basker shouts GREAT WHITE or MAKO at the same time some other man and dog shout GLOBAL WARMING fish from the tropics.

The Cornish play this up for the tourist industry and good luck to them.

Mad Mike

Added to which, I don't think man-eating sharks is the kind of media hype the tourist office particularly wants.

Terry.

The shark fishing/sight seeing industry is a summer cash crop down in the annex, people will still go to the beaches, surf, swim, scuba dive just as they do all over the world where sharks abound.

A shark of the size they allege would not even know it had been hooked on a 10lb trace let alone break water in it's haste to get away.

A wind up for sure, I expect we will be getting Nessie stories any day now, it is the silly season for news.

Mad Mike