Nfsa Specimen Sizes

JIMBOB

I was just checking specimen sizes for the 48hr comp from our club records list(from the link on the site) and they seem to "clash " with present NFSA specimen size's. Are they up to date Charlie? the main one that caught my eye was the Bull Huss in our record list it says 10lb is 100% when on the NFSA list, it says For Dorset its 13lbs and for the IOW its 12lb there's quite a bit of difference! ohmy.gif

James

oi - don't bugger up my plans Jim................. rolleyes.gif

more seriously - well spotted; I will assume we are fishing to the published pbsbac specimen sizes unless told otherwise before the start of the comp tomorrow.

Interesting.

Some of the specimen weights in the club records were changed in Dec 2002 for some reason. I was planning on using the club record list as well, so glad this has been brought up ( not that I will be winning anything ).

Presume there must have been a good reason for changing some of the weights in Dec 2002.

PS: Glad its not winter as the Whiting specimen size for Area D is 35 lb laugh.giftongue.gif

Edited by Paul D

Where can we get the definitive lastest NFSA Specimen size list????

I can't find it anywhere on the NFSA web site. mad.gif

I'm assuming the one on the Sea Angler web page is the latest, but...is it?

That's the one we will be using for the results calculator, and its too late to change it now. mad.gif So, we will be fishing with the one with Bull Huss at 13lb at the link in the earlier post.

Whiting is 3.5lb.

cheers

BF

Personally I think we should be fishing using the correct specimen weights as opposed to some dodgy Sea Angler list rolleyes.gif - especially as I was intending on targeting Bull Huss !! mad.gifmad.gif

Surely it is only a spreadsheet Bob ?

The NFSA list matches our records list rather well.

Edited by Paul D

A 13lb Bully will be hard to find in daylight methinks. All my sixteen pounders came close in at stupid O clock in the morning, whilst camped out on my rock ledge waiting for first light to target Bass and Pollack from the shore.

Cuckoo still looks a good bet, with Gar coming a close second, or maybe a midnight eel...........who knows, or indeed cares when at least were going to be out there for the full 48. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Tight Lines all.

Rich

well done crazy and coddy - must admitI couldn't find it easily but I knew the SA ones were ood....................

however f everyone else is going to target bull huss I will have to change my plan..................being a lazy sod I will stay with the Bs though. Anything over 200% will be brilliant though........ rolleyes.gif

I wonder............

Hi Guys

First let me apologise for missing this post as it developed.

I have just called the NFSA and guided around their site to the current Specimen list

Another apology I was unaware that the list had been updated in Dec 2005.

Our area is area D and as far as I can see the only changes are:

Bream Gilthead is 2lb

Gurnard Red is 1.25 lb

Mullet Thin Lipped is 3.5 Lb

We will be fishing to the Current NFSA sizes to all competitions including the one starting in 2 1/2 hours time.

Paul can you please update the forum.

Back to Plan A Duncan

Paul can you update the website please

Adam Bob if this has made you size calculator defective sorry if you need a hand on Sunday call and I will attend the Mariner.

Tight lines all

Charlie

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif