Tyre PSI

Adam F

Hi Adam

I have looked in my Book with my trailer and it has a whole list depending on your tyre size. ie : 145x13 is 35 psi

165x13 36

165x13c 64

175x13 36

and there is more , i would guess they may be 165 tyres.

If its not any of these let me know your tyre size. Hope its a help and good luck with that excellant choice of boat, good man.........

mark wink.gif

Adam,

I have exactly the same quandry. My tyres are marked 5.00 - 10C on the wall and they state max load of 910 KG at 50 PSI.

I have put 45 PSI in them to be sure ... Probably too high but better than too low I guess.

Anyone know what PSI I should be using - Orkney 520 on a snipe trailer.

So 45 PSI not too far off then - the tyre states max load @ 50 PSI - cold. At least I can always release some if the ride is too bumpy. I think I am correct in assuming that over inflated is safer than under inflated.

All I need now is a spare wheel...., don't we Adam smile.gifsmile.gif

Aint got a clue what PSI mine are at the moment. Could do with a little ait methinks, but havent got a pump, and dont know if BW will fit into the garage - (more like I dont know if I could tow ther in there!)

Adam

Adam,

She will fit in the garage no problem. That is how I fill mine with petrol, Drive into garage and then fill her up. Just remember to lower the aerial , but even then you will probably get away with it.

Hi Adam

Can I sugget you check the maximum pressure on the tyre wall

I have 165 x 13 tyres with maximum rating of 50psi

I am using 40 psi and found it gives a better ride than the suggetsed 36psi

Remember the extra weight of all that fishing gear, anchor, leads, petrol etc. etc.

It does not take long to add loads of weight.

Regards

Codfather cool.gif

Running at a lower psi will damage the types and makes the trailer goes side to side. On the other hand, over inflating types will give a bumpy/firm/choppy ride, and not actually dangerous (unless you really over inflat it). It's better in over inflat than under.

Adam,

She will fit in the garage no problem. That is how I fill mine with petrol, Drive into garage and then fill her up. Just remember to lower the aerial , but even then you will probably get away with it.

laugh.gif Erm, but don't go in with your uptide rod in the rod holder ! It's just a bit too high and you look a total prune!

Been there done that!! blink.gif

Mike