Mothering Sunday - Weymouth

Adam F

I am planning the first trip of the year down to Weymouth in two weekends time - 26th March.

I appreciate that it is Mothers Day, so numbers may be a little low, I am therefore proposing to do another trip the next weekend also.

Post here is you want to tag along. Usual timings - meet at slip for 7am for a 7.30 launch.

Adam

Hi All

BB and Rich are booked to come out on Quest II.

Final details to arrange.

I have had very mediocre success on the flatties in the past (other Quest owners have doen well, just I am pants at it) so I am hoping to learn from BB and Rich.

Target species:

Plaice

Turbot

Brill

and errrrrr

HALIBUT!?

Tom

Will be there with Maestro and Tom, on board the good ship Quest.........just to see what Toms doing wrong re Plaice!!!! wink.gif

I'm also up for crewing the following weekend Terry, if you require crew, I'm sure we can buddy James if he's out that way. Looking forward to it......with the chance of a fat Halibut to boot!!!

Rich

Terry,

That would be good. I have the mothering law and sister in law staying down though, so will have to see regarding trip to Weymouth.

If I can make it, then I will either get my friend from work crewing or ask Sam if he fancies crewing ( it will be half term, so I suppose he will be tempted ! ).

Simon, will gladly crew for you if required.

Drop down into weymouth from the main Dorchester road, go straight through to the roundabout by Morrisons or Safeways......cant recall which, I'm usually driving at warp factor ramming sped to get down to the quay!! Take second exit, go round the top of the tpwn, at the next roundabout, you will see the council offices on the right, fire station oposite, take first exit back to go round towards the texaco garage. Next roundabout, third exit along to the old harbour, where all the boats are moored. Slipway is before you reach the little section of road before the lifting bridge. Get there early doors, no slip fees......get there late, lazy attendant is in the hut. wink.gif Launch said craft, park trailer on trailer park, drive either around to the council offices and park in the slip road by the supermarket for freebie parking, or speak to BB to see if a space is available in the fishing club car park.

I dont know where you will be driving from, I will be coming from Southampton, so can maybe meet up on way if application is succesfull!!!!!

Tight lines in any case...........

Rich

Bloody hell Rich, I get confused by your directions and I go to Weymouth alot.... tongue.gif

My advice is down the hill passing the elbow bend, next roundabout turn right, next roundabout bear left, now you should see the river on your left, next roundabout turn left over the river, with Macdonald and KFC on your left, take right at this roundabout, over some tram/rail lines on the road, the tram line will take you all the way to the slipway which is on your right. If if helps, an Iceland van always park in the car park on a Sunday morning.

My advice is down the hill passing the elbow bend, next roundabout turn right, next roundabout bear left, now you should see the river on your left, next roundabout turn left over the river, with Macdonald and KFC on your left,

Sounds like the route for me Maccy's for brekkie and a Colonels for dinner "MMMMH donuts!", oh! sorry drifted away for a minute there biggrin.gif

simon "buuurp" excuse me!

Simon, if the Sailors Return boozer is open, they do a breakkie for a couple of squid, or take away sarnies from 0700. Failing that, ring BoyBilly, dead early, and ask his missus to bang on the cooker.......he's always good for an early morning breakkie. wink.gif

oooops sorry Billy!!!