Dartmouth Plaice Festival

Adam F

ok i am up for it and so is martin but we need to speak to the dartmouth tourist board to find out where we can park and what time do we have to register by .

bob do you have a phone number for the match organisers .rich you are more than smile.gif welcome on loyal royal for the trip to dartmouth . so will there be any more tailer sailers comeing to dartmouth to represent pbsbac biggrin.gif .

mark b

Right guys............there are some slips farther down the coastline from Dartmouth, and you can steam straight onto the Banks for fishing. Depending on boat size...what sizes are going, and what draught of water is needed for launch/recovery?? I'll phone a mate in Kingsbridge who can advise on better parking facilities.............Dartmouth WILL be an absolute nightmare!!! Check on the Chart I gave to bob..............

Regards......Rich

Martin,

Mark and i aret hinking about pulling out of this one.

Main reason is that we have so much on at the moment , Club Comp, Dartmouth, Jumble, Alderney.

I am thinking it might not be a good time to go with the comp on as it will be very busy and parking and launching would be a nightmare espeacially as we don't know the place very well.

3 hour drive each way for smaller plaice than you get on the shambles is looking less attractive to me.

Do you fancy doing Weymouth again instead? it seems that it will be so much less hassle and will provide us with some additional practise fishing the banks in readiness for Alderney ( not quite the same i know)

What do you think?

Surely the plaice in Dartmouth don't come any smaller than the one ( and only one ! ) plaice I caught in Weymouth rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Seriously though, it was a good place to fish and I am sure will fish better for me on another day, so good idea.

( Will need someone with 4WD to get boat out though ).