Dartmouth Plaice Festival

Adam F

I am planning to organise a trail-a-way to the first day of the Dartmouth Plaice festival on Sat 24th April.

Details are still being decided by my sidekick - Roger the Cabin boy (Bob) but the brief itinery will be:

Leave Dorset at approx 4am

Trail to Dartmouth

Register

Launch

Fish

Catch Plaice (hopefully!!)

Come in and retreve boats

Log our catch in

Come home.

I need an idea of what boats wish to come. Ideally the larger boats with 2 crew (3 in total) as this means we take less boats down.

I wil then do some research on where and how to fish - although the Skerries bank looks like the favourite, with normal Plaice tactics.

So who fancies it???

Right! - Bring it on!

What do we need to organise next? Boats? Who is coming and who is bringing a boat.

Crew?

Chart and info on the area?

Leaving times?

What do we do if the weather is bad? (cancel?)

I presume we all need to fill in a form each. I can then collate them and post them away (or Bob can?)

Adam

Good idea. If we can get a list of names on the forum, you can then bring them along to the meeting.

We just need to know what boats will come?

I will have a look on the web to see if I can find any info out about the fishing - althoug i suspect it will be similar to the shambles on the skerries?

adam

Bob, I have a 2000 copy of chart no.SC1613 (Eddystone Rocks to Berry Head) which covers all of Start Bay, which you are welcome to borrow, I also have a few marks on the Skerries from historic trips out of Dartmouth with my old club, Kingsbridge SAC.

We used long traces with baited spoons, quite large ones, and had mixed results. One trip we had nil takes untill 40 mins to steaming home, then the fish went mad and we boated over twenty decent plaice, but no larger species.

If you want, I will call my pal down there, as the club will have already gone out on the banks by now, to see what the score is thus far. I'll also check my hand held GPS for any marks I have on it for you, ok?

Regards...........Rich

PS.........I'm still availabubble for crew!!!! ;0)))))))

Cheers Rich - all of that will be very helpfull.

As for crew - dont worry! - we will find you a place (plaice??!!) regardless - even if it means taking another boat down.

So far I think we have Martin & Dean - Maverick (nb. will you take 3?)

I am waiting to see if Mark and Loyal Royal will come

Bob may take Splash out

I may take my new boat (fingers crosed)

Neo?? - Dont know yet.

Thanks

Adam

Ok Adam.............I will bring the chart down to the next meeting, so that you can peruse before the trip. Do you have a slipway in mind??? Again, I can check will my pal Nige for the best launch site, if you dont have any local contacts. My GPS is empty, but I will get marks from the lads, ok??

Adam,

I wasn't going to take Neo, since I thought it was going to be larger boats trailing down. ( Neo doesn't come into the "Larger" category. )

Also, I would like to get the wheel bearings checked before going so far.

Chaps,

Bl@@dy marvelous, ain't it!!!!

Adam and I have to drop out of the Dartmouth trip. ohmy.gif

Adam has now got to go to a wedding, and I have to go to the States on business from the 17-24 April!!! weep.gif

This means I will miss the PBSBAC Points comp on the 18th and the Dartmouth trip on the 24th. mad.gif

Bob F