Burnham-on-sea 12th March

Adam F

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am up for a trip out of mudeford tomorrow if anyone wants to crew.

If not then will go from Wick.

Anyone fancy it ? ( Will need to come back by something like 1 PM though as the LW is at 3 PM )

or could even go out of Lymington.

On the other hand - looking at the weather forecast and looks poor here as well - so maybe better stay at home.

Hi Adam,

Message received !

Thank You......... for organising....... not just all the prep., the contacts, enthusiasm and urging others to join in......... but also for the difficult bit.... the decision - making [ you have an 'old head ' on those young shoulders of yours ].

Very difficult..........I've just seen the local news...... saying light easterly winds; websites give 11 - 15 mph south - easterly........ which, being offshore in Burnham would have led a non-local like me to think a good day could be had ???

I suppose it depends how far out you go ........ does it make much difference; is inshore 'rubbish' there ??

Was it the Burnham guys that postponed??

NOW>>>>>>>> What do I do with the bucketful of nice big lug I dug this afternoon [ missing the rugby !!] ??? No Mike......... I'm not going to cook them up!

Simon ............ are you serious ?? Do you want to drown some lugworms ??

Alun. [ just a little disappointed].

Alun.......Re ..NOW>>>>>>>> What do I do with the bucketful of nice big lug I dug this afternoon [ missing the rugby !!] ??? No Mike......... I'm not going to cook them up!

Somewhere in the back of my mind is the memory that one can salt lug down. Tray, newspaper,layer of salt, lugs well spaced out, more salt, leave in a cool place for a day or so. Salting removes the moisure and toughens them up making a better hook bait.

Mad Mike

Lands End to St Davids Head including the Bristol Channel.

24 hour forecast:

Wind: southeast 4 or 5, increasing 6 or 7 in west.

Weather: occasional rain.

Visibility: moderate or good.

Sea State: moderate or rough, locally slight in east.

Outlook for the following 24 hours:

Wind: south or southeast 5 to 7.

Weather: occasional rain.

Visibility: moderate or good.

Sea State: moderate or rough, locally slight in east.

Good decision Adam, long way to go just to turn around.

I will be heading out of Poole to recce for plaice tomorrow. Will be leaving Cobbs Quay around 8.30 and listening on Ch6 if anyone else braves it give us a call.

Martin