James' Results....did He Win????

Adam F

Just been on the phone to Guernsey.....he boys are back on dry land.

They fished in atrocious conditions today - F5-6 gusting F7, James said they were taking waves over the 39' Interceptor whilst on the drift!!

He didnt give too many details as they we about to go into the official presentation,but......

They started drfiting a wreck, James took an early lead and held it until 11.30 when the changed boat positions.

It was then a close run contest between Jim Whippy, James and a guy called Mick. James lost two 2lb plus bream at the side waiting for the net. Main species caught were Pout, Pollock, Bream, Scad and Garfish.

Coming into the final few minutes it was still too close to call, Jim and Mick landed a few more bream and James had another.......

Although the final results have yet to be announced, Jim Whippy (BFM editor) looks to have clinched the win, James thinks he has 3rd place.

He comes back into Poole at 1.30pm tommorow so Ill know the final results then!

Well done James biggrin.gif

You have again done the Club proud biggrin.gif

Shame that the weather was so bad, but you must be pleased with the top three of such a big competition.

IMHO Jim qualified for the comp in the same way as all the rest and fished the final on level terms, so if he won on the day well done to him.

There would have been many international anglers and loads of top Club anglers trying to get to the finals, and ten good anglers on the boat yesterday.

So that supports how well you have done to get there in the first place and to finish top three again. biggrin.gif

Hope you enjoyed your ride home sick.gif

Charlie

He still isnt back! sick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

The Condor couldnt cross the channel as the swell was over 4m!

He now has to wait until 10.30pm tonight and catch the slow ferry across, only problem is it docks in Portsmouth - the cars are in Weymouth. They have booked a taxi which is costing

"Jim valiently gave the prize to 2nd place".

Well, I'm even more baffled about why Jim entered himself into the comp if he didn't intend to keep the prize. He's affectively taken one person out of the final who would've loved a chance to win the boat.

I have a lot of respect for Jim and his undoubted fishing talent. I must be missing something, here, cus' I can't see the logic.

Anyway, a fantastic result for James. smile.gif

BF

Bob I have to disagree mate biggrin.gif

although I also do not see the logic of not taking the prize

I personally do not see Jim fishing as taking a place away from another angler, surely he deserved to fish the final even if just to see how well he could do.

Before anyone asks I have never met the guy, but as I said yesterday he qualified on results and won on merit so IMHO should have accepted the prize.

Nice jesture though, I wonder if he would have done the same if it meant James winning the big prize for the second year running.

Did the winners Club get anything this year? or did us giving the money to charity change that.

Charlie biggrin.gif

I have to agree with Charlie, Jim won fair and square and should have kept his prize, a nice gesture though passing it on.

If he was not able to fish his comp would that mean none of our organising committee should enter our November open comp? try and stop me smile9.gif I shall be entering and should I win will keep whatever prize I gain tongue.gif

Not that I would win anyway weep.gif

Martin

If he was not able to fish his comp would that mean none of our organising committee should enter our November open comp? try and stop me  I shall be entering and should I win will keep whatever prize I gain

Not that I would win anyway 

Martin

Success requires confidence and ability............ May the force be with you Mav.

Whatever the result it was excellant news that James managed to come 3rd.

Well done matey biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

What an asset for the club to have a podium finish 2yrs in a row.

We just need a night when he explains on "how to do well and catch fish".

I for one and I expect Jack as well, would come along to listen wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Great result

Coddy

cool.gif