Wifi

Bob F

Hi Bob biggrin.gif

We are thinking of installing WiFi on the pontoons at work.

A word of warning for you.

One of the members uses it at work and has not got it set up at home.

But his laptop can connect to the internet at home, presumably through a system on his neighbours computer.

While surfing the net on someone elses PC sounds good it must have security implications. ph34r.gif

keep your answers in simple terms as I am not a computer expert. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Charlie

Charlie,

As Paul says, you can restrict who has access to your wifi network. The set up program takes you through this in very simple steps (without talking about MAC addresses, etc).

I purchased a system made by Linksys. There was a problem with the unit, but I have to say that their email support was wonderful. I emailed on a Saturday evening and got a reply within an hour. I was shocked!! I emailed on a Sunday and got a reply the same day. They even followed up a couple of days later to see if I was happy. Great stuff.

Wifi is great. Get it.

BF

Hi Charlie

We too have WiFi in our house.

We have the BT version which has encryption codes to stop others using our network.

Downside is that my daughter has a Sky + box with a wireless remote so we can watch downstairs what she has recorded on the SKy+ box. We have to turn off the router (broadband WiFi box) to stopp interferance on the tv, they seem to use a similar frequancy sad.gif

Hope thats not too complex an answer, pop round sometime and I can demonstrate to you.

Coddy

cool.gif