Smoothy Formula

Wedger

As the opportunity presented itself I thought I'd use the principal of 'Waste not, want not' Rude not to in fact! So this one I'm sure will interest Paul J. in pursuit of crab feeders like smoothy and skate etc......... biggrin.gif

Applied via small feeder top of snood.

Cray Cubes rolleyes.gif

post-5-1126965594.jpg

Oh yes. mad.gifmad.gif

After all the trouble they cause, I thought of something useful for them to do. laugh.gif

If they got to go, they may as well do some good. biggrin.gif

Large juicy ones are for direct use........ with dill sauce. tongue.gif With these chappies designated as a national pest, you're not allowed to chuck them back if you don't want them. Shame to waste a perfectly good resourse. I've considered them as hook bait, and they could do quite well with the shell grinding critters, but as they are so tough, perhaps a hermit or shore crab might be more appropriate down tide of a good sent.

Time will tell wink.gif

Adam

Duly noted.

I have two or three chums who need to trap them under licence purely for vermin control, and largely they go to local buyers. There are times, however wink.gif , when supply outweighs demand, which is where I come in. biggrin.gif

I'll keep one shell-like to the ground.

T

Trev, I've been out of the DETR circles for a few years now, since leaving the Police Service, so pleas excuse my ignorance. Have signals been given pest status? Are they now to be completely removed from our waters, both rivers and lakes/ponds?

I have two fish farms near me, The famous Two Lakes, built in the fifties by Alex Behrendt as the fisrt purpose built still water trout fishery(?), and Crampmoor fish farm, designed by Behrendt, and run by Mark Stollery, in recent years. Both fisheries are overun with signals........could be a good source of bait!! Oh....and the odd panfull for Adam!! wink.gif

Rich

The american signate (?) crayfish carries a diease which is fatal to our own native crayfish. Furthermore they also eat out native one as well as eating anything they can get their claws on, so they poses a danger in our eco system.

An mature crayfish has very few nature enemy/predators but the junvnile fish are a great food source for chubb and other course fish, and it is believed that is the real reason why some chubb in certain areas have grown very fat because of the high protein in them..

Could I join Adam as next in a line of members keen to try some of the crayfish 'pests' ....... for use in the kitchen ??

Perhaps we could cook some up and bring them to the club meetings .

Rich........ when I visited Two Lakes with Soton Uni. in the 80's, they were looking at farming the crays ....... perhaps they escaped from there ??

Adam........ have you tried the crayfish with dill [ flowers...... rather than leaves],

the Scandanavian way...... on the radio recently ??

Alun.