Like Bloody Buses!!!

Adam F

Typical, been scouring the net for Warriors for sale for over a month now, and not one has popped up in my price range, or that is any decent. Then I go away on business for a few days, and along comes one.

So I ring the fella up, and great sounds just what I'm after....going to see her next Thurs.

Anyway, get back home and there's one on boats and outboards!, almost identical in spec, in the same bloody town Carlise!!!!! How freaky is that!

Anyway long and short is, that Bob F has very kindly agreed to drive and trail my new pride and joy home, so next Thursday we are off to the North to see these 2 beauties, and fingers crossed, they will still both be for sales and one will be what I'm after!!!!

Wish me luck!!!

adam

Bad news!!!! weep.gifweep.gifweep.gifweep.gifweep.gif

Been fishing today, and was waiting to get home to confirm to the guy in Carlise that I will be up Tues to buy my warrior......anyway get home, and hes phoned.....sold it today!

I am gutted!...will I ever get one, thats 3 boats now, all have sold within 24 hours of the ad being placed! weep.gifweep.gif

In the end, I think that is what pushed me to buy a new boat.

Had too many disappointments with boats selling before I could see them, or getting really excited about a boat and then having a big let down when I went to see them. Either the boat was rubbish or the engine was rubbish.

Have you tried what I suggested, Adam, which was to email some of the Boat Clubs to ask if any members are planning to sell their boats? It's can get you ahead of the game.

The Lounge are compiling a list of the various clubs in the country, so you could use that.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Graham, and welcome to the Forum. smile.gif

Adam has been keeping an eye on Crayside, but they have been a bit pricey for what you get.

Adam had another boat lined up at Lttlehampton this week but that has just fallen through, also, so he's a bit down in the dumps at the moment. weep.gif

Poor bloke is having a bit of a rollercoaster ride. blink.gif

Bob came up with an idea the other day - need a bit of advice though.

As I am really struggling to find a secondhand Warrior, I am looking at buying the hull and topsides from Warrior, a new trailer, then fitting a decent secondhand engine, and my own electonics. My budget is 10k max.

I have broken it down thus:

Warrior Hull -

What about looking for a good second hand trailer? Although the trailers for Warriors are built to a special spec (number and type of rollers).

Might be worth a call to either Warrior, Cambrian boat, Crayside or Indespension.

Also, do you have to buy all the extras right way? Some could be added later or purchased cheaper at boat jumbles.

Also, have you looked at the delivery time for a boat only? Cambrian Boats can often deliver quicker than Warrior because they have boats assigned to them in the build schedule.

Bob F.

Hi Adam

Sorry you have been unable to find the right boat.

Regarding engines, how about an ex- RNLI marina? Often little use, maintained at whatever cost. Don't know if they do 4 strokes however. Might be worth a call to Barrus in Bicester, Oxfordshire.

Just a thought, have you thought about a Seahog Samuri?

For about