Bow Thruster Retro Fitting

DannyC

We are considering getting a bow thruster fitted to our Merry Fisher Marlin and wondered if anyone has had one fitted to their boat. We are looking for recommendations for reputable companies who have done the work (and ones to avoid if you have had problems)

I have seen that done many times at work, over the years.

Most boat owners are very happy with the results.

I am sure that fitting one is probably an option on those boats, so getting the correct positioning should not be an issue.

Just depends what has to be moved to get room and run cables etc

Give Simon Blackaller of Sidepower a call on 07415 197448.

Tell him I gave you his number, I am sure he could advise and quote.

Charlie

H Danny,

I had a Sidepower unit fitted about 5 years ago.

I contracted with Angus Simpson (Davis's Boatyard) to glass in the fibreglass tube below the waterline, fair it in neatly, and fit a watertight bulkhead, in the event of failure or collision.

Purbeck Marine (in Cobb's) obtained a Sidepower unit, and did all of the physical and electrical installation, including a battery next to the unit.

I was happy with both, they worked well together.

The unit itself has been wonderful. I could park Feisty without it, and did so for a year, but it's so much easier with a bowthruster, particularly in confined spaces, and in tricky conditions, such as strong side winds catching the bow at the last minute.

Mike