Big game fishing.

Tarlach.

Hello all.

Next year I hit the 50 mark, and I'm contemplating treating myself to a big game fishing trip. I'm open to suggestions on where some of you guys may have been and your experiences. Any help and tips and ideas will be greatly received.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having been lucky enough to of done a bit, my best day for BIG fish was Falmouth!! BFT with Charlie and Dave, you could do 5-10 trips there for the price of one the other side of the world!!!

Yes Jerry I could. But, the idea is to take the family for some sun as well as just fishing. A couple of days fishing would be inter grated into the trip, or the trip moulded around the fishing I should say.

The issue you may have Neil, is a lot of big game fishing seasons are out of school holiday terms. For instance, in the Caribbean the season for big game fishing is December, January and February. This is also the most expensive time to go.

Unfortunately, you will need to do your research on this one!!

The issue you may have Neil, is a lot of big game fishing seasons are out of school holiday terms. For instance, in the Caribbean the season for big game fishing is December, January and February. This is also the most expensive time to go.

Unfortunately, you will need to do your research on this one!!

I think the Caribbean is a bit out of my budget (maybe). I'm only intending to do a week with a couple of days of fishing thrown in, rather than a fully designated fishing trip. I've read a bit and Madeira seems to be a good option, with the peak season for Marlin being July-September which would be great for school holidays, but accept that it will be the most expensive time to go. Maybe I'll have to leave Leo at home (could you imagine the grief he'd give me).
Just joking, no way would I do that to him.
Anybody fished Madeira??

Have a look at Cape Verde mate

Dependent on your budget and how big a fish you want to target you should find something. and I believe its very warm and sunny.

Hope that helps

Thanks Charlie, have you been?

21 hours ago, great white said:

Have a look at Cape Verde mate

Dependent on your budget and how big a fish you want to target you should find something. and I believe its very warm and sunny.

Hope that helps

Cape Verde is quite cheap, but that's because it's not very touristy compared to places like the Baleirics. It's great if all you want to do is sit by the pool everyday, it's also mainly all inclusive so that's OK, but not much else to do. Generally the charter fishing is quite good, there's  a lot of big tuna there as well. IIRC Boa Vista is the best place for fishing charters.

Cape Verde is quite cheap, but that's because it's not very touristy compared to places like the Baleirics. It's great if all you want to do is sit by the pool everyday, it's also mainly all inclusive so that's OK, but not much else to do. Generally the charter fishing is quite good, there's  a lot of big tuna there as well. IIRC Boa Vista is the best place for fishing charters.

Great thanks for that info. Cape Verde is the fore runner atm.
Not bad pricing and as you say all inclusive with flights. Works out around £3600 for 3 bodies.
I think I've found a charter guy too!!

18 hours ago, Tarlach. said:

Thanks Charlie, have you been?

I have not been, but I did research it a while ago.

Made a booking for a live aboard, But we had to drop out as Norway was on offer.

Ben is on his way out there this afternoon, I think it is his 5th or 6th time

I have not been, but I did research it a while ago.
Made a booking for a live aboard, But we had to drop out as Norway was on offer.

Ben is on his way out there this afternoon, I think it is his 5th or 6th time

Do you know where about he is going and with who for the fishing?