Warrior 'true Blue'

Afishionado

First off hello to everyone after my long absence.

I have now had the spinal operation and after a long recuperation I am starting to feel better and thinking that I may be fit enough to get back to fishing this year.

Any way a new boat is on the cards and I am looking to buy soon. I am going to look at a Warrior at a brokerage in Lymington. The name of the boat is True Blue and the name rings a bell. Was/is it owned by a PBSBFC member?

Any advice on Warriors, Alaskas, or similar would be welcome.

Mad Mike

Hi Mike

Firstly welcome back, good to hear your are well on the way to recovery.

Also good news that you are considering purchasing a new toy cool.gif The Warriors are good boats. The only boat in the club with a similar name to True Blue is Adams Blue Warrior that I believe is not for sale. The only boat I have known called True Blue is a Poole Charter boat which is definitely to big to launch and retrieve on your own tongue.gif

There are several examples of Warriors, Alaska's etc in the club and a good idea might be to get an invite out on them to get a feel for the boats, bound to be better than having a quick buzz around a harbour where you might not get to appreciate all their little quirks.

Anyhow I trust we can expect your usual witty contributions to resume forthwith....no excuses now tongue.gif

Martin

Hi Mike

Great to hear that you are on the mend mate.

If you need a trip to shake the cobwebs off, we could try a bream trip one evening when you are up to it.

I am sure that the members with warriors will give you an owners view of the boats but most reports seem good.

looking forward to your witty contributions again. biggrin.giftongue.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

Welcome back Mike. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Things have changed around here since you were last on here..... I suspect you may have some serious competition in the "joke" categories smile.gif

When you feel up to it you are always welcome onboard Neo and I still have the old tatty VHF radio for you ( although I cant find the power lead )

Hi Mike

Great to hear that you are on the mend mate.

If you need a trip to shake the cobwebs off, we could try a bream trip one evening when you are up to it.

I am sure that the members with warriors will give you an owners view of the boats but most reports seem good.

looking forward to your witty contributions again. biggrin.giftongue.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

Charlie. how kind of you to offer I am not quite that fit yet but I feel realy touched by your generousity. But then you always knew I was a little touched laugh.gif

Mad Mike

Power lead - just had a second look for it ( honest I did look before ! ) - still no sign. The radio is actually in good nick. I will see if I can track a lead down somewhere ( maybe E-Bay ). The radio is a Swiftech M168

PS: My other old radio is at

Welcome back Mike

I have missed your humour and thinking up a suitable reply blink.gif

You would be welcome on my Warrior 165 and give it a spin. wink.gif

If it is any help I have a number of write ups on my web site on a number of boats, allways looking for more input (hint hint).

Martin how about one on the 195? smile.gif

You can check the site out at Fishjng Boats and Equipment

Hope you have a speedy recovery

Coddy

cool.gif

Way to go Coddy, thank you. Your site will be my 'study' for Friday. I would do it now but I can feel the morphine cicking in and I will soon be in lala land.

Oh, before any one thinks I am on to class A stuff it's all medicinal and they are weaning me off it. The withdrawal symptoms are 'orrible!! Hot and cold sweats and tears like a lady of a cetain age with PMT on HRT!

Mad Mike

Welcome back mike - glad to hear you are on the road to recovery - itll be good to see you out there again this summer!

As Coddy offered, you are also wlecome to either come out or ask as many q's as you like on Blue Warrior.

I quess that if you search this site under 'warrior' or '165' then youll get quite a bit of info from here.

See you soon.

Adam

Hi Mike ,nice to know you are well on the road to recovery,Might I suggest you take on a fishing trip on one of the Arvor boats in the club, If current trends persist,there is absolutely no fear of taxing your back ,or anything else for that matter. Except perhaps your patience. Best wishes ...jack

HAHAA! I have been to look at the Warrior 'True Blue' and I knew it rang a bell. Paul (D) you showed it to me on the hard at Christchurch last year. You remarked that the guy who ever it was was out fishing a lot. The boat is not too bad, the trailer is first class, but the aging Evinrude 60 looks distinctly tired so I personaly feel the asking of

As a guide Mike, and from someone who did lots of research (youll probably remember) when I bought mine, the price of this boat reflects the engine, but Id have to agree if it is in poor condition maybe a little over priced.

Just a bit of info for you: They made/make 2 versions of the 165 - the mk1 and the mk2. The mk2 is the same as mine, it has curved gunnels and transom and cuddy etc - basically it has no sharp angles, the mk1 does, but is basically the same boat with a few cosmetic changes.

The 150 is the same all the way along.

A good condition MK11 with a new/ish engine and all the toys would go for about 10-12k secondhand at the moment depending on engine size, hours run and general condition.

A poor condition MK1 with an old engine and not alot of extras would go for about 6-7k.....you may find a real stinker for