1st Time Wrecking On Bliss 2

blueboatdriver

We left the Dolphin Haven (or whatever they call themselves now) at 07.10 along with a couple of charter boats with perfect weather. We left the harbour and steamed for about 2 1/4 hours.

It didn't take long to find the wreck but the tide was pretty slack so we started with some fresh mackeral baits on the bottom. I learnt my 1st wrecking lesson immediately; I dropped to the bottom and didn't wind up nearly quick enough. Needless to say I never saw that trace again. After a call from Private Venture who was quite close we got Steph, the skipper's girlfriend to catch us some mackerel for bait.

Once the tide started we changed over to jellies and storm sandeels and I straight away hooked into my first ever wreck caught pollack. The fish (pollack) came every drift after that. Our biggest were 13lbs and the rest weren't that far behind.

There were 3 club members aboard, Matt, Tony Way, myself and 3 others including Steph who was pretty niffty with the net, the mackerel feathers and the kettle. We also caught a couple of nice gurnard and some garfish which Tony along with some mackerel is going to take on his 5 day trip to Aldernety on board Tango Bravo on Monday morning.

Just like to thank Matt for agreat day out on a beautiful boat (absolutely perfect tool for the job).

Thanks alot Matt,

Simon.

Well done all

Sounds like you had a great trip

Can someone call or PM me the catch reports so that the members onboard get their fish recorded.

My answer machine has been replaced ready for the season so you can now leave messages again if you wish

Cheers Charlie biggrin.gif

im still waiting for the codfather to invite me down to fish with you boys & girls

tight lines

bill smith biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi Bill

I think you had better earn some brownie points for May

Seems we have lots of fishing to catch up with biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Still not got down to do any work on Sammy .............. you know how Sue is such a slave driver! wink.gifwink.gif

See you next week-end

Coddy

cool.gif

i just stay out the way, alot easier to go and read the sea angler laugh.gif

been brushing up on the pollacking techniques ready for the pollacking trips and also reading about the bass.

were would you say i have a good chance of catching a half decent bass and what baits, im guessing sandeels. we caught alot on rag last time when the sandeels were on the surfice and the bass were attacking the seagulls over the sandeels.

sam