Senior Newbie here

Lodds

Hi Ya

Just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself.  Where do I start!

Okay getting ready to retire next year so have been looking for things to do (not that i don't have enough already) things that will keep me from decorating and pruning roses.

Been working in IT for the best part of 3 decades now, time to leave it to the younger person.

Have never sea fished before but and haven't coursed fished for many a year.

Just came across this site while trying to investigate best ways to anchor my recently purchased Seahog Alaska 500 "Out of the Blue) so thought I'd join to get some information and contribute where I can.

Launched "Out of the Blue" for the first time yesterday and had a recce around Chichester Harbour and just outside, she handles exceptionally well and appears to warrant the good sea boat status she receives.

Along with the boat came an Alderney Ring system which I think could anchor a Type 2 destroyer.  I also have a sailboat a 1978 Westerly Centaur which uses less chain and rope sizes that the previous owner decided was needed for this craft.

So this is where I came in.  I understand the principle of retrieving the Alderney system but deployment is a bit vague.

Any help would be appreciated 

Tony

Welcome! Although the lady thing we need is another mid week angler to annoy us working lot!!!!!

Alderley ring deployment is just make sure it is clipped on when you drop the hook over. That's about it. You can of course head up the bow and retrospectively clip it on should you forget.

Rob

Another Alaska 500... welcome and enjoy the site Tony.

Heathrow is a bit far to pop down for our monthly meetings. Perhaps you can combine a trip out with a meeting.(first Thursday every month) It will mean spending some time down here though......... ;)  ;)  ;)