Alderney 2015

alun j.

After being blown off for this past weekend, we are now looking at the next neaps in 2 weeks time

Tigerfish is planning on going [poss Sat to Tues for the best tides]

I have some accommodation provisionally booked....but there is room for some others.

Are any other boats thinking of going over that weekend ?

Alun

Well we'll try and leave some fish for you but I can't promise anything!

It's been a few years since we've been, am I right in thinking you have tended to fish the Casquets/South banks rather than the Schoale (I remember when we went last virtually everyone was on the Schoale every day)? Have there been any tope off Speedy Rock the last few times you've been? Any thoughts on a game plan much appreciated!

Update !  Oli are you still going with your original plan ?   Saturday looks like it could be a windy day.

This morning we are looking at going Sunday to Weds.

Any other boats ??

Alun.

Hi Alun

As you say, Saturday looks terrible. We're now looking at the bank holiday weekend, leaving early Saturday morning (23rd) and back Monday evening.

Oli

We (Tigerfish - Alun, Ian, Clive, Steve) are planning on Sun 10th to Wed 13th. Has been looking good/acceptable for the past 3 days now, I'm almost starting to believe it will happen in spite of the gales as I look outside the window.  :unsure:

The tides are reasonably favorable. 

It would be good for some other members boats to be going as well.

Steve

Hi all just had a chat with Steve Scott

They arrived yeasterday and have had great sport

Brill to 8lb and turbo,s to 8lb 12

Well done guys that will keep everyone back here that are going soon, very keen.

AA has also moved nearer to the harbour so that should also help

Charlie

Hi Alun

Still planning to go and keeping everything crossed. For us it will be Saturday-Monday as unfortunately can't take Friday off. If we have half as good a trip as you've just had I'll be over the moon!

Oli

All seemed to work much the same !!  As long as your bait is well-presented [flat on the bottom], there didn't seem much difference.  Mackerel or launce. ...fillet , flapper or whole.

Have a good trip...forecast holding nicely....you should have a much more comfortable fish than we did !!

Morning all. Quick update - fantastic trip over from Poole yesterday morning - marina to Braye harbour in..................... 2hrs25mins!!!!!

Reserved a mooring then straight out to the banks where we found Dave Kev and Craig on Reel Magic, fantastic fishing on both boats-on one drift I had 3 turbos on he same fillet of launce one after another!

Food and beers and then back to the boat for a good sleep. Another sunny day today - just waiting for the crew to join me and off to find some more! Full report when we get back

Oli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk