Alderney 2015

alun j.

OK....Who's making plans ??

Our preferred date, around the May Bank Hol Mon....is a full moon and, consequently, a big tide.

The next weekend , frm Fri May 8th is a lot better.....but the week earlier , from Fri  Apr 24 is an even better tide.

If anyone wants to go on either of those dates, and would like to take me [!!], I have accommodation pencilled in .

Alun.

I can't do either of the ideal dates only the bank holìday weekend so may have to just go for it and leave the late bank holiday as reserve date.

The tide is making on the first weekend so the last day will be some quick drifting.

I think the last weekend date in April was mentioned as a possible date for presentation dinner.

Will see if crew is available.

As always a comprimise!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the Alderney thread.........

If weather allows, Steve is planning on taking Tigerfish and crew across on the Sunday after the dinner...and staying until Weds. 

I'm sorting accommodation and have some spaces.  Is anyone else looking to join us and would like me to sort out beds ??

Alun.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes that is leaving on Sunday the 26th and coming back on the Wednesday.

The Club Do is on the 25th and many of us are going to that.

Basically the tides look much better on that weekend rather than the weekend around the 8th May so we are shooting for that even though it is only using Sunday of the weekend, weather permitting!

• 4 weeks later...

I will probably try and get over a couple of times this year so poss on for later in May as well

Peter

Yes it is strangely quiet this year is that because we have had so many disappointments?

Indeed! Too many missed chances last year. Closest we got was the jersey butter on our fry up on the shore at Portland harbour!