Engine repair manual ??

Retrowagon

Yes got Terry's loverly lump ooh err missus

Want the manual to get myself acquainted with the engine and to have a look at the fuel system as I have a little fuel starvation problem, not sure if it's fuel filter, fuel tank, fuel pump (don't know if it's electric or manual), lift pump, or fuel lines, just need the info to check stuff.

I think it's a tank problem as the old metal tank works fine, but the new plastic one seems to not get fuel to the engine ???

I should think that's the answer as you know it was running fine before. It's got a brand new filter under the bonnet but it might be worth checking it to see if any muck has come up from you tank. Are you sure the tank breather is working efficiently?

Well after a little exploration of my fuel tank I might have found a little problem with the pick up pipe.

See if you can tell the difference ??

post-1771-0-62372200-1410194339_thumb.jpg

This is how the sender/pickup came out of the tank

And this is how it's supposed to look .. I think

post-1771-0-37415300-1410194420_thumb.jpg

Well something like this .

Been to lots of places to get the plastic pipe but no joy so found a little secondhand chandlers in Poole which had one and all for the pricely sum of £1.

Great little shop that I will return to soon.

Not sure why Quicksilver use a pipe inside a fuel tank that isn't petrol proof.

On the plus side I feel I have another part that needs to be put on my "to be made out of stainless steel list"