Big Thanks to Sam For Organising and Hosting the Junior Competition

Greg

I Would like to say a big thank you to Sam and his family for organising and hosting a well run 2014 Junior Competition.

Fortunately the weather was brilliant which made the juniors able to enjoy their fishing experience and in turn the fish came out to play.

The BBQ which was held at Sam's place was equally brilliant. Being relatively new to the club we were made to feel so welcome by everyone and the food was great. What I believe was a success was that the juniors were all hanging out together at the BBQ and I overheard them speaking about their fishing experiences - Result!!!

Trying to get Brad away from the 'X' Box recently has been quite a challenge, however, I asked him if he would like to do the Junior fishing comp' again next year and he instantly said 'yes'. Brad was well happy at coming second in the number of species caught and loves his fishing tackle prize. He has it displayed on the dining room table as I write this thred.

I believe if the future Junior Comps are run like this one they could turn into something big.

Well done Sam

Greg, Carol and Bradley

I second everything Greg said.

Thomas enjoyed himself, spent the evening sorting out his fishing tackle and then cooking and eating his mackerel.

I emailed the photo, of Diane accepting Tamzin's prizes, to Tamzin, she's over the moon.

We'll done Sam, you get my vote for next year's junior comp organiser.

Same here, a massive well done to Sam, it's about time we had a junior section, and I love the way it's been done to not make it too competitive or pressured, lots of prizes etc.... Just what is needed to get them off the computers and out out fishing.

Was gutted that we ran out of time and couldn't make the BBQ yesterday, little Reuben's face when I showed him the picture Sam text me of his prizes... Well it was fantastic. When I asked him if he wanted to do the same again next year.... Yes! Was the answer... 'But next time I'll win' LOL! So much for not being too competitive!

Well done Sam, for taking this on.

it was great to see all the Juniors playing together in your garden still wearing the hats that they had won,

using the tackle prizes will come later.

Well done and thanks to all of the helpers, boat skippers and especially those generous Members that donated prizes, and of course the Club for continueing to support and enhance the junior comp.