Duoprop one prop turned black

Steve S

This year I polished up the all the props on the duoprop  DPH drive. They are made from I think Nibral (nickel-aluminium-bronze) or something like that, previously they had 'appeared' to have been painted black.

I checked the props yesterday, the 3 bladed ones fitted nearest to the leg have gone black while the 4 bladed ones have remained a polished bronze colour. They all appeared to be fairly clean and the props on both legs have changed.

So a prop changing colour to black is a new one to me.

I'm not sure if I have a got a problem on not, would appreciate your thoughts.

Steve

I don't think nibral props going black in seawater after having been cleaned up is new Steve; but as to whether you have a problem I can't really comment.

Over the years there have been lots of nibral dph prop issues for some on forums, and obviously a lot of people who never have any issues.

Being the front props I seem to remember that there's a plastic shield/cone in front of the props and it's very important that this is maintained in perfect condition or it can accelerate issues that start with the front props.

I hear you Adam :D.

Ok thanks, sounds normal then, I did google it but found nothing, poor choice of search words used I guess.

Waste of my time polishing! :(

I assume the 4 blade jobbies will turn at some point as well.