The plaice to be

Stuie

What a glorious day to be out - a lateish - 9.30am - start with Ken and into the bay after a fog report from Fish Eagle - thanks Allan.

Sport wasn't hectic  - it's still March - but Ken and I boated five plaice. As with last weeks specimens they are not big but in very good condition - possibly due to the sea temperature remaining high allowing them to feed earlier.

The afternoon saw us over the patch for a little variety - pin whiting! and a corkwing. No bream interest.

A privilege to be out there -  ;)

Hi Stuie

A similar story from us, small plaice, but towards Southbourne on the drift. Lots of nets down there now. Small pins and  nothing else on the Patch although,. where we wanted to go was potted off. A bit disappointing on the species front. It was a lovely day to be out and we all returned with a touch of sun burn. The highlight of the day was a rescue exercise involving a training lifeboat, three inshore ribs and a helicopter picking up and dropping of crew.

Two other things I have found out tonight which are not related to our day which may be of interest to people, is that there was a "Mayday" and Lifeboat launch as boat took it's leg off on the harbour wall along Poole Quay while turning and started to sink. Secondly, that Jan Triska made the right decision by not coming out with us today as he caught a 12lbs. 7ozs.bass on his boat well to the west of Poole, which puts our meagre catch to shame!

Allan.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

Would it be possible to send me an e mail ,tommysmith74@sky.com from your e mail address.I wish to increase my party for the dinner/dance.

Many THANKS tom.