Sunday in the Harbour. Testing times

lofty

With the forecast good I asked the FPO if I could get out for my first trip in the Dorado 2.

Loaded up, a fivers worth of rag and set up at evening hill.

Firstly I was blown away with the internal storage. Like my 4.7 but dry and much larger.

I fired up my new fishfinder and headed off.

Today I had three marks in Poole harbour I wanted to try. The castle. The mussle beds by the nature reserve and the Whitley lake channel by Basket boom.

First paddled against wind and tide to the castle. The fishfinder down imager is great. Love it.

Fished a two hook flapper. Not much showing. A couple of tap taps but no hook ups.

Spoon and beads on and a big drift down to my favourite aunt but no spottys today.

Time to head towards the island and try a spot that seemed floundery.

CBE9FA66-D551-4FA0-8F89-A0029D78BC41.jpg

Nothing doing here . I spy a kayak fisherman in the distance. Wondering if its Tom from the Anglers afloat forum I pulled the hook and put up the pacific action sail. Wind was very light and only achieved 4.5 mph.

Sure enough it was him, pro1987, and we said our hellos as I found my final mark.

I've watched lots of private boats fishing this spot for flounders for the last month so I'd been meaning to try it.

Selfie

BB20F2EE-6699-4ADC-B6DA-301430B227BA.jpg

Sure enough a boat was fishing it. The clue is the moored red fishing boat

DCEF0E8F-909E-42EA-BE00-EECCAEDC7252.jpg

Tom came over and set up too.

At last I was getting bites. Small rattles but I was inpatient and was striking and missing. Patience Loftus. Patience.

Finally a constant little rattle and up popped my Al Pacino fish

" say hello to my little friend!!"

8545F4E8-450A-4E45-8357-889C40A59B47.jpg

First trip on the dorado 2 wasn't a blank

First use of my penn spinner and a fish.

Is it right to be so happy about a micro flounder?

Getting cold and with the tide pouring out of the harbour I paddled to the launch.

The jetty has lots of bits missing, unsurprisingly, and some guys were bolting bits back on and ripping other bits off( in the background )

33DC086C-35A4-49E3-8E35-EF7BC835BAC2.jpg

Another fabulous Poole harbour evening

36800AF4-DD1D-4CE2-9991-1A4EE4549606.jpg

Loading up

F8F52329-9E1A-40E3-BD28-B3B74F255E7C.jpg

Tom arriving at the low water

8B697F60-4E8E-4E0E-87D1-F76B888985FB.jpg

Ok, it's not a catch report to set the world on fire but it is a catch report , at last .