17th Dec Report

Adam F

Apologies for the late report. Last Tues a window finally opened in the weather so Alun and myself opted for a few hours out after a box of whiting, with the chance of a cod.

It was only a short trip due to tides and daylight hours but pleasant nonetheless. The wind wasn't quite a low as hoped but wasn't uncomfortable.

I've been loath the steam all the way to the island his year, I know if does fish slightly better for cod, but it's still hit and miss and I'm not sure it's worth the 2 hour round trip and 50 quid in diesel, so I opted for a favourite ray mark of mine on the spoils.

The whiting where there from the off, but sadly as the tide build they stopped biting but we both had a couple for tea, just not a box full as I'd hoped. Al then had a conger around 30lb, before I followed suit with a double hook up within mins of each other of another similarly sized eel, and a lovely 22lb blonde ray.

The tide was too much by early afternoon so we retreated back inshore but as has been the way this year so far the fishing was poor closer in.

So not a disaster of a day, no cod, and would have been nice to have seen a few more whiting but still nice to be out.

Looks like that was the last trip for 2013. Merry Christmas everyone and tight lines for 2014.

ypa9avus.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD