This Weekend.

Leicester Fisheagle

Fisheagle will be venturing forth, hopefully on Saturday and Sunday. May try the Bay for a Plaice or if very luck a Trigger. Will be on Ch 6. Nothing too strenuous. Saturday is a bit more serious as Coddy is on board. On Sunday, my Brother in Law, who does a bit of fishing is coming out to see what is involved in lauching/anchoring. We will be doing some fishing but, he is a keen photographer and will be taking some pictures with his expensive new toy. If any Club Members see us and want a free photo of their boat, please give us a call on Ch 6 and we will see what we can do.

Allan.

Hope to repair Frisky's throttle mechanism now I have a replacement cable clamp, and join up thew new throttle cable today, and be out tomorrow - probably staying inshore until am happy with it.

3 cables in 4 years isn't good, and the Morse lever mechanism was replaced 4 years ago. Might be a design fault in the routing or something, this shouldn't keep happening..

Mike

Mike

If you need any clamps, screws, ball joints, brackets etc I have a fairly wide range from when I repaired boats.

Lots of morse fittings etc.

I would suspect the routing as long as the inner cable is in line with the anchor point and outer cable.

Does it snap in the same place every time, if so that should tell you something?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the offer, I think I do have parts I need. I'm still surprised the securing bracket for the cable has fractured - I'd never have expected that much of a load on it.

The cable snapped at the junction between the cable inner and stainless connector rod at the morse lever end. It all looks vertical and inline there, and I can't see a routing problem anywhere in the system. Think it happened in the same place once before too.

Thanks again,

Mike

Just returned from Spain and carefully climbing aboard a sparkling clean  Wishing Too tomorrow  with over shoes, gloves, feather duster and a yes you guessed it a pink pinney. :D  :D  :D  Big thanks to Neal for the bid for the lift and clean, the Money will be forwarded to Heros on the Water. Glad to be back.