BASS O'CLOCK

Ben

Well after a pants day Sunday with no fish wanting to play ball I decided to have a go today as the forcast looked so nice ..... Got down to the boat at 10 and loaded and casting the lines at 10.30 got to the run about 11 and it was ripping through there so went extra carefull across the bar with only 2ft under me !!!! Twitch time ...lol

Got out to the ledge and water was a good colour with no muck or bloom so bagged up on plenty of macs and but 10-15 in the bait well , headed towards a mark where I had a few 2 weeks ago and bosh 1st drift I thought I had connected to a sub this was probably the hardest hit I had ever had from a bass ...... Let it run and was waiting for it to stop before i hit it but it didn't ......so after 50 - 100 yards had been striped I lifted into it the rod doubled over and I slowed it down , after about 5 mins of the rod nearly snapping it was all over as fast as it started with the hook pulling ....I was upset in many other words if you were near you would have heard me !!!!!!!!

So anyway bight the bullet and drop down again nothing for a few more drifts then in again a nice plump 5lber then followed by another 2 fish biggest 6.5 .... Tide was now ripping and decided to call it a day .....back home to bang out another batch of macs in the smoker with some chippings from a old jd barrel ... Should be nice ....

What a nice day to be out cant wait to get out again hopefully this weather will stay for a while we are due some now !!!!! Tight lines all ....

Nice one Ben sounds like you had a blast

Martin

It was nice Martin got a tad snotty in the afternoon but nothing to moan about was nice being out with a t shirt on not thermals !!!!!!!! 

why is it we remember the ones that got away more than the ones we land?

is the because they represent the ultimate angling story - and no one can dispute how big they were? :D :D :D

sorry you lost that one, glad you got some more!

why is it we remember the ones that got away more than the ones we land?

is the because they represent the ultimate angling story - and no one can dispute how big they were? :D :D :D

sorry you lost that one, glad you got some more!

I was not happy it made the other fish I had feel like mackrell !!!! Lol

Well done Ben, I had a very pleasant evening after passing you in the harbour nothing big but very busy, beautiful evening and gorgeous sunset on the way in.

Nice one mate would have loved to stay out but had a few bits to sort out ..... Well done on getting a few !!!

Well done Rodney ;)

Hard luck that the big one did not make it to your new net.

At least you know where the big one lives, so you can go back for it.

Charlie :D

Yeh I will return gandolf lol hopefully with the white wizard !!!!!