Just joined

David56

Afternoon All,

Just joined and thought it would be good to introduce myself. I'm David Butcher, some of the members might remember me from the meeting I spoke at briefly, with PC Tristan Oliver.

I'm a member at North Haven YC, not a good fisherman but do enjoy the sport. I chair Poole Harbour Watch and as much as anything wanted to get to know fellow boat anglers. All too often it is our type of boat that gets targeted by the thieves, spare parts, equipment, electronics etc. All ready this year one poor guy has had his just launched open 18ft. fishing boat and engine stolen. It was taken from a mooring by the lifting bridge.

Please make sure you boat/engine etc is marked up. SelectaDNA, Smartwater, Datatag, whatever. I have found a cheaper supply for SelectaDNA and Mark, who runs Frome Boat Watch is the man to contact. To get the price (£20 per kit) he has to have an order of 8 kits. I've been suggesting that folk email him direct, it may mean p&p extra if he has to post out individually but still a good price. fromeboatwatch@gmail.com

Poole Harbour Watch now has a web site, pooleharbourwatch.co.uk and you can contact me from there but my own email address is dgbutcher@ntlworld.com . Contact me if I can be of help but also if you hear of anything, please let me know. I will also pass information I get that Tristan wants circulating. We did actually recover a RIB and some other items in this way last year.

I'll try to get to some of the club's meetings so that I can get to know you better.

David

post-1701-0-63184200-1364144687_thumb.jpg

Hi Dave and welcome to the club.

Charlie can beat that price for the SelectaDNA (my kit arrived about 8 hours after my engine was stolen), as soon as my boat is fixed I'll be marking everthing with it.

"not a good fisherman"

You'll fit in well then. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hi Dave and welcome

If you want to get to know more Members at a social evening 

The Clubs Dinner Dance and Prize giving is on the 13th April at Parkstone Yacht Club

The menu and list of those attending is on the forum.

It is not a formal affair, and is usually a great night

If you fancy coming just add yourself and any guest to the list.

Charllie