Poole cod comp..well done Mick

niggle

A big well done to Mick Pike on second overall and to the funny accented skipper Kev on Yelo who also got one.Hard day with about 9 fish weighed in out of nearly 80 anglers.Stuie also weighed in and Dave on WM found his crew one(non member)it was a lovely day to be on the water.

Nige

Well done to Kev,s grandson who hooked a massive blonde ray

Edited by niggle

Well as nig said it was a lovely day to be afloat, got a bit lost going down the harbour in the thick fog. we had a slow start with only one LSD in the first hour. Then the tide was slack and the fish went mad 2 cod the big one to mick 18.9 then the grandson Jacob said I got a bite, the rod was in half I thought wow big cod after A big fight and almost pulling in the 7year old I had to help him and up she popped a cracking 25 lb plus blonde ray,that was a great moment for Jacob and me. Mick had another ray10 lb we had lots of good whiting. It was worth the drive down the night before and sleeping on the boat albeit freezing, it was A very good day had by all

I will send a pic of me holding fish as Jacob couldn't lift it,if I could send it to someone by email as I can't load the picture

Kev

Cheers for that Nige.

Just to say what a great day we all had on Yelo, thanks Kev for putting us on the spot.

It was funny seeing Jacobs face when he eventually saw his ray, what a monster!!!

Awaiting the pics Kev, Thanks again mate.................. and dont forget the valium biggrin.gif

Mick

On the subject of FISH - - - - I bought a filleting glove and I'm very impressed with it.

It gives good grip of the slippery fish and the safety of helping to protect against slicing my hand.

Just one question - - - - - how do you clean them ?

Kam, you've used them for a while now ? ? ? ? ? ? ? blink.gif

Jim

I use a filleting glove a lot, particularly when preparing fish on a rocking boat.

I squirt washing up liquid over it while still on my hand, give a good rub to work the soap in then as good a rinse as possible. I then put it over a rod holder and let the sun, wind and rain do it's work while I am far enough away not to smell it. Always seems ok on return, if a bit stiff.

No one has ever nicked it......

Word of warning. Don't be tempted to sneak it into the family wash, or everyone will smell like a bait shop for a while.

Ian